1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Lord of the Physics Books

1. Feb 3, 2013 #1
    Hey Forum ,
    Ive been wanting to learn Classical Physics(calculus based) and Astrophysics, but have not crossed paths with a book which seems to satisfy my hunger for thorough and complete explanation.
    What I ask of you folks is to Recommend a few books for Classical Physics , and Astrophysics(and Cosmology) which contains extremely detailed information and explanations. I don't mind a number of books which I can use simultaneously but please help me out.
    DrPhoton

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 3, 2013 #2

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Goldstein's Classical Mechanics is the classical graduate level / advanced undergraduate level text on classical mechanics. If that's too much, there are many undergraduate texts on classical mechanics, e.g., Classical Mechanics by Taylor and Classical Dynamics of Particles and Systems by Marion and Thornton.

4. Feb 3, 2013 #3

Could you also list some books on Other areas of Physics: EM ,Waves,Thermodynamics,Optics and Relativity? and Thankyou

5. Feb 3, 2013 #4
    Go here a lot of book is Recommended by users
    https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook