Calculate Magnitude & Phase of 4KHz Component

• Thread starter anik18
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Phase
In summary, the question is asking for the magnitude and phase of the 4 KHz component in the spectrum of the periodic pulse train. The pulse repetition rate is 1 KHz.
anik18
magintude and phase...

Homework Statement

Hi Guys, I need to work it out how calculate magnitude and phase for below question. It is really complicated for me. So wait for your help. Below is a question and it figure is in attached file. Thankingyou

Calculate the magnitude and phase of the 4 KHz component in the spectrum of the periodic pulse train shown below. The pulse repetition rate is 1 KHz.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    35 KB · Views: 156
Physics news on Phys.org
I would prefer (and I would wager many of the posters here feel likewise) that you upload the question in a PDF file. MS office documents can be infected. Print the document to PDF.

Okay! Defennder who replied back didn't help and just wasting time about talking about PDF. I don't have much time to wait. You are just giving unimportant lesson. Try to help not think of infection or something.

It's not hard or take long to convert it to a PDF and upload it. That way the file is safe and not infected. More people would be willing to help I'm sure if this small action was done on your part.

anik18 said:
Okay! Defennder who replied back didn't help and just wasting time about talking about PDF. I don't have much time to wait. You are just giving unimportant lesson. Try to help not think of infection or something.

-1- You need to check your attitude at the door. Aggressive or insulting tones are not allowed here on the PF. Defender *was* trying to help, in coaching you to post your attachment in a safer format. Virus infection can be a very practical problem.

-2- You are required to show your own work before we can offer tutorial help. We do not give out answers here on the PF.

-3- Your question and attachment do not match. The attachment shows a graph of x(t). There is no mention of vector content.

Please clarify your question, and post your attempt at a solution so we can offer help.

It seemed no one doesn't know how to solve my question. Forget it and enjoy yourself in PF. Remember that i was not rude in previous reply. No one ask me to put this in PDF in other education website and nothing goes wrong with that. They helped as much they can. not taking time on some intro on PDF.

Forget this question if no one can help. remember attached file and question are related to each other. It is in the exercise paper.

1. What is the purpose of calculating the magnitude and phase of a 4KHz component?

The purpose of calculating the magnitude and phase of a 4KHz component is to understand the characteristics of a signal at a specific frequency. This information can be used to analyze and manipulate the signal for various applications, such as filtering or amplification.

2. How do you calculate the magnitude of a 4KHz component?

The magnitude of a 4KHz component can be calculated using the formula: Magnitude = √(real^2 + imaginary^2). This formula takes into account both the real and imaginary components of the signal at the specific frequency.

3. What is the unit of measurement for the magnitude of a 4KHz component?

The unit of measurement for the magnitude of a 4KHz component is typically in decibels (dB). This is a logarithmic unit that represents the ratio of the magnitude of the signal to a reference value. It is commonly used in signal processing to measure the strength of a signal.

4. How do you calculate the phase of a 4KHz component?

The phase of a 4KHz component can be calculated using the formula: Phase = arctan(imaginary/real). This formula takes into account the ratio of the imaginary and real components of the signal at the specific frequency.

5. Why is it important to calculate the magnitude and phase of a 4KHz component?

Calculating the magnitude and phase of a 4KHz component is important because it provides valuable information about the characteristics of a signal at a specific frequency. This information is essential for understanding and manipulating the signal for various applications, and can also help identify any issues or anomalies in the signal. It is a fundamental tool in signal processing and analysis.