Magnetic field intensity problem

In summary, a question was raised about the equation dl = (N/l) dz in the context of a discussion about the course 'Elements of Electromagnetic'. The conversation also touched on the measurement units for magnetic field and the relationship between pitch, number of turns, and length. The question was answered with help from another person.
Saeed.z
Hi everyone here, hope you enjoying this summer ..

i'm taking ' elements of electromagnetic ' course this summer session and i just have a little question here

in the yellow shaded statement

shouldn't it be dl = (l/N) dz instead of dl=(N/l) dz ?

By the way, it's not a HW question .

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi Saeed.z! :smile:
Saeed.z said:
shouldn't it be dl = (l/N) dz instead of dl=(N/l) dz ?

The magnetic field H (or magnetic moment density) is measured in units of amp-turns per metre (A.m-1) …

current (I) times pitch (n), ie current times number-of-turns per length

n is the pitch, N is the number of turns, l is the length: n = N/l :wink:

Likes 1 person
^

Thanks tiny-tim

i got it ! :)

What is magnetic field intensity?

Magnetic field intensity is a measure of the strength of a magnetic field at a specific point in space. It is also known as magnetic flux density or magnetic induction.

How is magnetic field intensity measured?

Magnetic field intensity is typically measured using a device called a magnetometer, which can detect and measure the strength of a magnetic field at a specific location.

What factors affect magnetic field intensity?

The strength of a magnetic field is affected by several factors, including the distance from the source of the magnetic field, the orientation of the magnetic field, and the strength of the magnet or electric current producing the field.

Why is understanding magnetic field intensity important?

Understanding magnetic field intensity is important because magnetic fields play a crucial role in many natural and man-made systems, including electricity generation, motors, and compasses. It also has applications in medical imaging, space exploration, and many other fields.

How can magnetic field intensity be manipulated?

Magnetic field intensity can be manipulated using various techniques, such as changing the orientation or strength of a magnet, altering the flow of electric current, or using materials with different magnetic properties. These manipulations can be used in various applications, such as data storage, particle accelerators, and medical treatments.