Magnetic field question

• Thread starter iverse
  • Start date
Puting a 150 micro.m tick coper tape into a magnetic fild of 0.65. The curent going through the tape = 23 A. What is the voltage on the edges of that tape ?

Homework Equations

I used this equation: U = dBS/dt
and then - > (B*r^2*pi*I)/e_0

The Attempt at a Solution

Resoult should be 7.4 microV

Answers and Replies

PeterDonis
Mentor
Insights Author
2020 Award
Just showing what the result should be is not enough; please show us what attempts you have made to obtain that result. We can't help you if we can't see what you have tried.

Just showing what the result should be is not enough; please show us what attempts you have made to obtain that result. We can't help you if we can't see what you have tried.
What do you mean ? The resoult is not mine is from the book. Its what it should be not what i get. From the equation i put up i get totaly difrent stuff i dont even think its the right one. I hope someone can resolve this...

Sorry * hmm i didn t even see it said the attempt :P. Its the actual resoult as i said.

So what do you get and how do you get it?
I use the equation that i wrote. The resoult is realy irelevant cus it must be wrong but here it is.

B= 0.65 r = 0.75 * 10^-6 and I = 23 so -> (0.65 * (0.75*10^-6)^2 * pi * 23) / (1.6 * 10^-19) = 1.65 * 10^8 is what i get

gneill
Mentor
Where did your Relevant equations come from, and what is their area of application? The information in your problem statement doesn't seem to pertain to the variables in those equations.

Hint: Look up "The Hall Effect".