Magnetic flux density of a relativistic electron

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
The forgetful one
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Homework Statement
Lorentz factor = 100, synctron radiation v=5 GHz
What is the magnetic flux density formula (Mag_flux_den), orbital frequency
Relevant Equations
I used the formula Mag_flux_den = (Omega(Mag_flux_den) * c * Mass_electron * Lorentz factor) / mass_electron
But I am getting 1.647e41 Gauss.

I am not sure what the correct formulas I should be using.
Can someone point me towards the correct formulas to use?
q = 1.602e-19C
mass_electron = 1.098e27
c = 3e8
Omega(Mag_flux_den) = 5GHz
Lorentz factor = 100
synchrotron radiation at frequency v = 5GHz

Mag_flux_den = (Omega(Mag_flux_den) * c * Mass_electron * Lorentz factor) / mass_electron
Mag_flux_den = (5000 x 3e8 x 1.098e27 x 100 ) / 1.602e-19 = 1.647e41 / 1.602e-19 = 1.028e60

I don't know what the orbital frequency formula is? but I think it might be Omega(mag_flux_den) = q x Mag_flux_den / mass_electron x c
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Omega(Mag_flux_den) = (1.602e-19 x 1.028e60 ) / (1.098e27 x 3e8) = 5.223e9 Therefore, the orbital frequency is 5.223 GHz.