Make attachment non-thumbnails option

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Femme_physics
  • Start date
In summary: Thanks, much appreciated!If you place the images in the main body of the post, remember to size them so they will not introduce horizontal scroll bars on standard screens. Many consider it bad manners to create a post which means that you have to keep shuffling left and right to view. It only takes one oversize pic to cause this for the whole thread.Yes, I always size my images :smile: thanks.
Femme_physics
Gold Member
It's a bit of a hassle for the homework helpers to click and wait for the file to show everytime, so to make their lives I decided to upload all my pic in the homework help section via imageshack. Problem is that with imageshack it won't stay forever, but uploading something to the forum it will, that way if anyone searches the forum all that images will remain and one would be able to follow the discussion if needs be.

So I suggest to make an option to upload and display non-thumbnails images. If that's possible.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am not sure it works always, but I think everything you need is already here...

1. Go to advanced mode.
  2. Upload attachment.
  3. There is a list of attachments below the edit field. Copy URL of the attachment.
  4. Place this link in [noparse][/noparse] tags.

In this particular case [noparse]
attachment.php?attachmentid=36739&stc=1&d=1309075517.png
[/noparse] generates

It won't work for those not logged in.

Attachments

• away_chat.png
    away_chat.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 472
Duly noted :smile:

Thanks, much appreciated!

If you place the images in the main body of the post, remember to size them so they will not introduce horizontal scroll bars on standard screens.
Many consider it bad manners to create a post which means that you have to keep shuffling left and right to view. It only takes one oversize pic to cause this for the whole thread.

Yes, I always size my images :smile: thanks.

Borek said:
I am not sure it works always, but I think everything you need is already here...

1. Go to advanced mode.
  2. Upload attachment.
  3. There is a list of attachments below the edit field. Copy URL of the attachment.
  4. Place this link in [noparse][/noparse] tags.

In this particular case [noparse]
[/noparse] generates

It won't work for those not logged in.
I've tried it now but the image is being uploaded way too slowly compared to imageshack. Dunno if you have much control over it. Just saying. Thanks anyway!

1. What does the "Make attachment non-thumbnails" option mean?

The "Make attachment non-thumbnails" option refers to the ability to prevent images or other files from appearing as thumbnails when attached to a document or webpage. This can help reduce clutter and improve the overall appearance of the document or webpage.

2. How do I enable the "Make attachment non-thumbnails" option?

The process for enabling this option may vary depending on the specific software or platform you are using. Generally, you can find the option in the settings or preferences menu of your document or webpage editor. Look for an option that allows you to disable thumbnail generation for attachments.

3. What types of files can I make non-thumbnails?

This option can typically be applied to any type of file that can be attached to a document or webpage, including images, videos, audio files, and documents. However, some software or platforms may have limitations on which file types can be made non-thumbnails.

4. Will making attachments non-thumbnails affect the file's resolution or quality?

No, making an attachment non-thumbnails does not affect the file's resolution or quality. It simply changes how the attachment is displayed in the document or webpage. The original file will remain unchanged and can still be accessed and viewed in its full resolution.

5. Why would I want to use the "Make attachment non-thumbnails" option?

This option can be useful for creating a more streamlined and professional-looking document or webpage. It can also help reduce the file size of the document or webpage, which can be beneficial for sharing or uploading. Additionally, some users may prefer to view attachments in their original size rather than as thumbnails.