Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suggestion Make attachment non-thumbnails option

1. Jun 26, 2011 #1

Femme_physics

Gold Member

It's a bit of a hassle for the homework helpers to click and wait for the file to show everytime, so to make their lives I decided to upload all my pic in the homework help section via imageshack. Problem is that with imageshack it won't stay forever, but uploading something to the forum it will, that way if anyone searches the forum all that images will remain and one would be able to follow the discussion if needs be.

So I suggest to make an option to upload and display non-thumbnails images. If that's possible.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 26, 2011 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

I am not sure it works always, but I think everything you need is already here...

1. Go to advanced mode.
    2. Upload attachment.
    3. There is a list of attachments below the edit field. Copy URL of the attachment.
    4. Place this link in [noparse][/noparse] tags.

In this particular case [noparse] attachment.php?attachmentid=36739&stc=1&d=1309075517.png [/noparse] generates

attachment.php?attachmentid=36739&stc=1&d=1309075517.png

It won't work for those not logged in.

Attached Files:

4. Jun 28, 2011 #3

Femme_physics

Gold Member

Duly noted :smile:

Thanks, much appreciated!

5. Jun 28, 2011 #4
    If you place the images in the main body of the post, remember to size them so they will not introduce horizontal scroll bars on standard screens.
    Many consider it bad manners to create a post which means that you have to keep shuffling left and right to view. It only takes one oversize pic to cause this for the whole thread.

6. Jun 28, 2011 #5

Femme_physics

Gold Member

Yes, I always size my images :smile: thanks.

I've tried it now but the image is being uploaded way too slowly compared to imageshack. Dunno if you have much control over it. Just saying. Thanks anyway!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook