Is It Possible for a Human to Turn Into a Tree?

In summary, the conversation discussed a man who is slowly turning into a "tree" due to a rare medical condition. While some found it disturbing, others saw it as an intriguing medical anomaly. There is hope for the man, as a doctor believes a synthetic form of Vitamin A can help. The conversation also touched on the controversy surrounding the HPV vaccine and how it could possibly help in this situation.
Physics news on Phys.org
It has got to be a horrible way to live. Luckily it may not be hopeless.

Dr Gaspari, who became involved in the case through a Discovery Channel documentary, believes that Dede's condition can be largely cleared up by a daily doses of a synthetic form of Vitamin A, which has been shown to arrest the growth of warts in severe cases of HPV.

Wow. :bugeye:

There was once a guy with an extreme hair growth over his body, but this is just unbelievable.

Wow, I hope they can do the things they're hoping to do for him.

I don't mind stating for the record: simply by viewing the responses so far, I am NOT going to watch that video. EVER!

Chi Meson said:
I don't mind stating for the record: simply by viewing the responses so far, I am NOT going to watch that video. EVER!

actually it really isn't that disturbing, but rather just a case of a very intriguing medical anomaly.

One of the most extreme medical anomalies I have ever seen. It didn't look like he was in pain, but very uncomfortable. I hope they are able to help him.

I really want to see him if he gets fixed.

Show this to the Christians who don't like the HPV vaccine. :smile:

Related to Is It Possible for a Human to Turn Into a Tree?

1. How does a man turn into a tree?

There is currently no scientific evidence to support the idea that a man can physically transform into a tree. It is most likely a fictional concept.

2. Is it possible for a man to gradually turn into a tree?

No, it is not possible for a man to gradually turn into a tree. The human body is composed of different cells and tissues that are vastly different from those of a tree. Such a transformation would require a complete rewriting of a person's DNA, which is not possible.

3. What causes a man to turn into a tree?

As mentioned before, there is no scientific evidence to support the concept of a man turning into a tree. Therefore, there is no known cause for this supposed transformation.

4. Are there any real-life examples of a man turning into a tree?

No, there are no documented cases of a man turning into a tree. Any examples that may exist are most likely just fictional stories or myths.

5. Can a man turn back into a human after turning into a tree?

Since it is not scientifically possible for a man to turn into a tree, it is also not possible for them to turn back into a human. Once again, this concept is purely fictional.