Plotting Graphs with Domain & Range as Integers

• Thread starter Dustinsfl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Maple
In summary, the domain of a graph represents the set of all possible input values, while the range represents the set of all possible output values. To determine the domain and range of a graph with integer values, you can look at the x-axis for the domain and the y-axis for the range. The domain will be the set of all integers represented on the x-axis, while the range will be the set of all integers represented on the y-axis. Both the domain and range of a graph with integer values can be negative, meaning that the graph can have both positive and negative integers as input and output values. To plot a graph with integer values on a coordinate plane, you will need to label the x-axis and y-axis with integer values
Dustinsfl
I am trying to plot a graph with the domain and range as integers. So instead of a continuous function, I will have points only plotted on the integers.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Physics news on Phys.org
Graphs
The plot command may be used to plot simple graphs,
plot( x^3, x=-3..3); ......

Read http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~rickert/Classes/ma111/maple1.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
Those will yield all continuous graphs. The domain and range of the function I am using are integers not real numbers so I need a calling method that will only plot at the integers.

1. What is the difference between domain and range in a graph?

The domain of a graph represents the set of all possible input values, while the range represents the set of all possible output values.

2. How do I determine the domain and range of a graph with integer values?

To determine the domain and range of a graph with integer values, you can look at the x-axis for the domain and the y-axis for the range. The domain will be the set of all integers represented on the x-axis, while the range will be the set of all integers represented on the y-axis.

3. Can the domain and range of a graph with integer values be negative?

Yes, the domain and range of a graph with integer values can be negative. This means that the graph can have both positive and negative integers as input and output values.

4. How do I plot a graph with integer values on a coordinate plane?

To plot a graph with integer values on a coordinate plane, you will need to label the x-axis and y-axis with integer values. Then, plot each point on the graph by locating the corresponding integer values on the axes and drawing a point at their intersection.

5. Can I use a graph with integer values to represent continuous data?

No, a graph with integer values is typically used to represent discrete data, where the input and output values are distinct and separate. To represent continuous data, a graph with real numbers is usually used.