\mathbb{stuff} isn't working

• Thread starter flyingpig
  • Start date
In summary: I will try that. In summary, I couldn't enter $\mathbb{R}$ on MikTeX and got a statement that says undefined control sequence.
flyingpig

Homework Statement

On MikTeX, can't enter $\mathbb{R}$

Gives me a statement that says

Code:
! Undefined control sequence.
<recently read> \mathbb 

l.14 $\mathbb
             {F}$
?

No idea what that means?

Physics news on Phys.org
\mathbb is defined in one of the AMS packages, so you probably have to include amssymb or amsfonts or something like that.

I am a novice in this, how do I introduce that package?

Following should work:

Code:
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{amsfonts}
\begin{document}
$\mathbb{R}$
\end{document}

Attachments

• amsfont.jpg
    amsfont.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 870
hotvette said:
Following should work:

Code:
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{amsfonts}
\begin{document}
$\mathbb{R}$
\end{document}

That worked, but am I restricted to only one package? Again novice here.

I tried adding \userpackage{amsmath}, but amsmath doesn't exist. I am trying to add an array here.

thanks

flyingpig said:
That worked, but am I restricted to only one package? Again novice here.

I tried adding \userpackage{amsmath}, but amsmath doesn't exist. I am trying to add an array here.

thanks

I'm not aware of any limitation on how many packages can be used. Whenever I include a reference to a new package MiTek automatically finds and installs it. Btw, I noticed a typo in your last post. It should be \usepackage not \userpackage.

Suggestion: the userguides you can find on the web are quite helpful. Just do a Google search and you'll find a number of them.

There is also a Google Latex user group that can be quite helpful:

http://groups.google.com/group/latexusersgroup

Last edited:
hotvette said:
I'm not aware of any limitation on how many packages can be used. Whenever I include a reference to a new package MiTek automatically finds and installs it. Btw, I noticed a typo in your last post. It should be \usepackage not \userpackage.

Suggestion: the userguides you can find on the web are quite helpful. Just do a Google search and you'll find a number of them.

There is also a Google Latex user group that can be quite helpful:

http://groups.google.com/group/latexusersgroup

Yes you are right, I added an "r". I also have looked online, but I thought there was something wrong with it because it didn't work initially and it was the "r" and I thought the package doesn't even exist.

Thanks

1. Why isn't my experiment working?

There could be several reasons why your experiment is not working. It could be due to a faulty procedure, incorrect measurements, or equipment malfunction. Troubleshooting the specific issue and making necessary adjustments can help resolve the problem.

2. What should I do if my results are not consistent?

Inconsistencies in results can be caused by various factors such as human error, environmental changes, or sample contamination. It is important to carefully review your procedures and controls, and repeat the experiment multiple times to ensure reliable results.

3. How can I improve the accuracy of my data?

To improve the accuracy of your data, you can use more precise equipment, minimize human error, and increase the sample size. It is also important to follow strict protocols and record all data accurately.

4. Why am I getting unexpected results?

Unexpected results can occur due to a variety of reasons such as experimental error, unknown variables, or flawed assumptions. It is crucial to carefully analyze the experimental design and data to identify the cause of the unexpected outcomes.

5. What should I do if my equipment is not functioning properly?

If your equipment is not functioning properly, it is important to troubleshoot the issue or contact the manufacturer for assistance. It is also helpful to have backup equipment or a contingency plan in case of equipment failure during an experiment.