Scaling Axes in Mathematica for ParametricPlot

In summary, the person is trying to plot a graph using the ParametricPlot command, but is having trouble scaling the axes so that the x-axis values range from -1 to infinity. They mention using a script and wanting to scale the axis using a specific function. They also mention a potential error in the script and ask for help with scaling. It is suggested that a simpler function should be used to start with to correct the scaling, or if plotting lists, different questions should be asked.
Konig
Hi,

Am plotting a graph and need to scale the axes so that i can take my range of 'x'-axis values from -1 to infinity.

I shall provide script, but i am using the ParametricPlot command.

ParametricPlot[tab2, {up, -1 + 10^-7, 10},
AxesLabel -> {"\[Rho]", "u'"}, PlotRange -> {{-1, 2}, {-1, 0}},
AspectRatio -> 1]

Where rho is my x-axis.

I wish to scale the axis such that [tex] \Rho -> \Rho/(2 + \Rho) [\tex]

I am aware there is a definition error in the script.

Thanks in advanced,

Konig.

Attachments

• Scalingprob.nb
    5 KB · Views: 310
Physics news on Phys.org
Can you perhaps more simply explain what you really want to do?

Is your question really that you only want to scale the axes?

Or is your question really that you are trying to ParametricPlot a table of function of list of function of symbol of I don't know?

If all you want to do is nonlinear scale the axes from 0 to infinity onto 0 to 1 then choose a very very simple function to start with and we can try to get the scaling correct.

If instead you are trying to Plot lists then we must start with very different questions.

1. How do I change the scaling of the axes in a ParametricPlot using Mathematica?

To change the scaling of the axes in a ParametricPlot, you can use the PlotRange option. This allows you to specify the minimum and maximum values for both the x and y axes. For example, PlotRange->{{xmin,xmax},{ymin,ymax}} will set the x axis to range from xmin to xmax and the y axis to range from ymin to ymax.

2. Can I change the aspect ratio of the axes in a ParametricPlot?

Yes, you can change the aspect ratio of the axes in a ParametricPlot using the AspectRatio option. This allows you to specify the ratio of the width to height for the axes. For example, AspectRatio->1/2 will make the width of the plot twice the height.

3. How do I adjust the tick marks on the axes in a ParametricPlot?

To adjust the tick marks on the axes, you can use the Ticks option. This allows you to specify the location and labels for the tick marks. For example, Ticks->{{x1,label1},{x2,label2},...} will place tick marks at x1 and x2 with labels label1 and label2, respectively.

4. Is it possible to change the font size of the axes labels in a ParametricPlot?

Yes, you can change the font size of the axes labels using the LabelStyle option. This allows you to specify the font family, size, and other formatting options for the labels. For example, LabelStyle->{FontSize->12} will set the font size of the labels to 12 points.

5. How do I add a title or label to my ParametricPlot?

To add a title or label to your ParametricPlot, you can use the PlotLabel option. This allows you to specify the text for the label or title. For example, PlotLabel->"My Plot" will add the label "My Plot" to your plot.