Mathematica NIntegrate question

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter dgoudie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematica
In summary, Mathematica NIntegrate is a function in the Mathematica software that is used for accurate and efficient numerical integration of a wide range of functions. To use it, you must load the function and input the function to be integrated and the limits and parameters. While it has the ability to handle multidimensional integrals, it may not be suitable for all types of integrals and may require some trial and error to find the appropriate method and parameters.
dgoudie
My Prof wants the Integral to 20 decimal places. where do I specify that with NIntegrate?NIntegrate[f[x],{x,0,3}]Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank's I figured it out

1. What is Mathematica NIntegrate?

Mathematica NIntegrate is a function in the Mathematica software that is used for numerical integration. It calculates the numerical value of a definite integral using various algorithms and methods.

2. How do I use Mathematica NIntegrate?

To use Mathematica NIntegrate, you first need to load the function by typing "NIntegrate" into the Mathematica command line. Then, you can input the function you want to integrate, along with the limits of integration and any other necessary parameters.

3. What are the benefits of using Mathematica NIntegrate?

Mathematica NIntegrate offers accurate and efficient numerical integration capabilities. It also has the ability to handle a wide range of functions, including those with singularities and oscillations, making it a versatile tool for scientific and mathematical calculations.

4. Are there any limitations to Mathematica NIntegrate?

While Mathematica NIntegrate is a powerful tool, it may not be suitable for all types of integrals. It may also require some trial and error to find the appropriate method and parameters for a specific integral, which can be time-consuming.

5. Can Mathematica NIntegrate be used for multidimensional integrals?

Yes, Mathematica NIntegrate can be used for integrals with multiple variables, also known as multidimensional integrals. The function has options for handling integrals in different dimensions and can be customized to fit specific needs.