Mathematical modeling of a screw compressor

In summary, the conversation was about designing a compressor in Simulink and finding the rate of change of volume with respect to time. The person was looking for equations or relations to calculate this rate of change for a twin screw compressor. They also mentioned the equations they have modeled in Simulink to calculate the rate of change of temperature and pressure.
vishnu123
TL;DR Summary
any relation to find the rate of change of volume with respect to time in compressor
I am trying to design a compressor in simulink. the mathematical equations has been modeled. but i just need, is there any relation to find the rate of change of volume with respect to time in compressor. Are there any equations or relations to find the rate of change in volume. As its a mathematical modelling i don't have any input parameters.

Engineering news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Axial compressor or piston compressor?

Are you looking for an average number, or volume as a function of time and space?

im working on twin screw compressor and I am looking for volume as a function of time

these are the equations which i have modeled
dT_out/dt = (1/(M*C_v))*((M_in*C_pin*T_in)-(M_out*C_pout*T_out)-(M_in*C_v*T)+(M_out*C_v*T)-(P_in*(dV/dt)));
dP_out/dt = (R/V)*(1/C_v)*((M_in*C_pin*T_in)-(M_out*C_pout*T_out)-(P_in*(dV/dt)))-((P_in*R)*(dV/dt));
in this the rate of change of volume is what i need and i am modelling these equations in simulink.

1. What is mathematical modeling of a screw compressor?

Mathematical modeling of a screw compressor is the process of using mathematical equations and computer simulations to represent the physical behavior and performance of a screw compressor. It involves creating a virtual model of the compressor and using mathematical calculations to predict its behavior under different operating conditions.

2. Why is mathematical modeling important for screw compressors?

Mathematical modeling is important for screw compressors because it allows engineers to understand and optimize the performance of the compressor without the need for physical testing. It also enables them to make accurate predictions about the compressor's behavior, which can help in design, troubleshooting, and maintenance.

3. What are the key parameters that are modeled in a screw compressor?

The key parameters that are typically modeled in a screw compressor include the geometry of the screw profiles, the thermodynamic properties of the gas being compressed, the rotational speed of the screw, and the pressure and temperature at different points in the compressor.

4. How is mathematical modeling of a screw compressor validated?

Mathematical modeling of a screw compressor is validated by comparing the predicted results from the model with real-world data obtained from physical testing. This can involve measuring parameters such as pressure, temperature, and power consumption at different points in the compressor and comparing them with the model's predictions.

5. What are some challenges in mathematical modeling of a screw compressor?

One of the main challenges in mathematical modeling of a screw compressor is accurately representing the complex geometry of the screw profiles. Other challenges include accounting for factors such as gas leakage, heat transfer, and friction, which can affect the compressor's performance. Additionally, obtaining accurate data for the model's inputs can also be a challenge.