Max Heat Output of a Frenette Heater

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Rahul Manavalan
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I Was wondering how a frenette heater works?
By frenette I mean the one that works thanks to friction.
What would be the maximum heat produced assuming that we take The most ideal situation.
Thanks a lot.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
A heater that works by friction is a way to describe any device that generates kinetic friction. All kinetic friction energy becomes heat, so such a device, driven by electricity, would be exactly 100% efficient, like any other electric heater. Common examples of "friction heaters" include fans, circulation pumps, mechanical only stationary bikes and kitchen blenders.

However, I googled "Frenette heater" and I got silly claims of a perpetual motion machine, with a description that is simply a heater that works by friction as I described above. Nothing to see here and we don't discuss perpetual motion machine claims here. Thread locked.