Max Heat Output of a Frenette Heater

In summary, a frenette heater is a device that generates heat through kinetic friction, making it 100% efficient. However, claims of a perpetual motion machine under the name "Frenette heater" are not legitimate and should not be entertained.
Rahul Manavalan
I Was wondering how a frenette heater works?
By frenette I mean the one that works thanks to friction.
What would be the maximum heat produced assuming that we take The most ideal situation.
Thanks a lot.

Science news on Phys.org
A heater that works by friction is a way to describe any device that generates kinetic friction. All kinetic friction energy becomes heat, so such a device, driven by electricity, would be exactly 100% efficient, like any other electric heater. Common examples of "friction heaters" include fans, circulation pumps, mechanical only stationary bikes and kitchen blenders.

However, I googled "Frenette heater" and I got silly claims of a perpetual motion machine, with a description that is simply a heater that works by friction as I described above. Nothing to see here and we don't discuss perpetual motion machine claims here. Thread locked.

Related to Max Heat Output of a Frenette Heater

1. What is the max heat output of a Frenette Heater?

The max heat output of a Frenette Heater can vary depending on the model and size. However, on average, it can range from 10,000 to 20,000 BTUs per hour.

2. How does the max heat output of a Frenette Heater compare to other types of heaters?

In general, Frenette Heaters have a higher maximum heat output compared to other types of heaters. This is because they use a combustion process to generate heat, while other heaters may rely on electricity or other methods.

3. Can the max heat output of a Frenette Heater be adjusted?

Yes, the max heat output of a Frenette Heater can be adjusted. Most models come with a control knob or dial that allows you to increase or decrease the heat output. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and safety precautions when adjusting the heat output.

4. How long does it take for a Frenette Heater to reach its max heat output?

The time it takes for a Frenette Heater to reach its max heat output can vary depending on factors such as the size of the room and the current temperature. On average, it can take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes for the heater to reach its max heat output.

5. Are there any safety concerns regarding the max heat output of a Frenette Heater?

Yes, there are safety concerns to consider when using a Frenette Heater at its max heat output. It is important to keep flammable objects at a safe distance from the heater and to never leave the heater unattended. It is also recommended to have a carbon monoxide detector in the room where the heater is being used.