Maximizing Your Contribution in the Homework Help Section

• Thread starter Gib Z
  • Start date
In summary, GibZ has been recognised for his high quality posts in the Homework Help section, and is currently the only person to have received the medal.
Gib Z
Homework Helper
Don't I help enough :( ?

It seems that I toil away in the Homework help section, at least half my post count is from there, yet I can never seem to attain a Homework Helper Medal! Can anyone give me some tips about how to more effectively help in the help section? Because I see people with 300 posts with a helper medal, they are obviously doing something I am not!

Help me help them!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hang on Gib Z, someone more familiar with your posting history should chime in soon.

Hi Gib, although I don't spend much time in the Calc forums from what I've seen your post are generally of a very high quality and you have been making a significant contribution. However, that said I may not be seeing the whole picture; either way I don't think this is best discussed in the open forum, I would recommend that you PM either Integral, Hurkyl or HallsofIvy and take it up privately. In the meantime, I'll mention this in the HH forum and see what the consensus is.

Also, we are a little behind in reviewing the helper nominations. Please be patient.

We do have a number of members that are really deserving of medals that haven't received them yet. Hopefully, this will be rectified soon.

It never hurts to ask, we've been surprised more than once that a member we thought had received a ribbon, in fact did not.

Also, if someone with ribbons notices another deserving member, please bring it to our attention.

Last edited:
Likes gracy
Stumbling on to this, I'm a bit puzzled, because in the first post by Gib Z, the medal of homework helper is there. Has he been given it since he posted it?

Also, I had been a bit curious as to how different people get the various recognitions.

Shooting star said:
Stumbling on to this, I'm a bit puzzled, because in the first post by Gib Z, the medal of homework helper is there. Has he been given it since he posted it?

Also, I had been a bit curious as to how different people get the various recognitions.

GibZ was awarded the Homework Helper medal after the thread was started. Normally people are nominated for recognitions by Mentors and other homework helpers and science advisors when they have been recognised as providing quality posts in a particular area.

Quantity is also a significant factor.

Related to Maximizing Your Contribution in the Homework Help Section

1. What does it mean to "help enough" in a scientific context?

Helping enough in a scientific context refers to contributing significant and meaningful contributions to the field through research, experimentation, and collaboration.

2. How can I determine if I am helping enough in my scientific work?

Evaluating the impact and significance of your contributions, receiving feedback and recognition from peers and experts in the field, and actively seeking opportunities for growth and improvement can help determine if you are helping enough in your scientific work.

3. Is there a specific amount or level of help required to be considered "enough" in the scientific community?

There is no specific benchmark for "enough" help in the scientific community as it can vary depending on the individual's field, role, and personal goals. However, consistently contributing valuable and meaningful work is generally considered important in the scientific community.

4. Can I still be considered a successful scientist if I feel like I am not helping enough?

Success in the scientific community is subjective and can be defined in various ways. It is important to remember that progress and growth take time, and it is normal to have moments of self-doubt. As long as you are actively working towards your goals and contributing to the field, you can still be considered a successful scientist.

5. How can I improve and help more in my scientific work?

Some ways to improve and help more in your scientific work include seeking out mentorship and collaboration opportunities, staying updated on current research and advancements in your field, and continuously seeking feedback and areas for improvement. Additionally, setting specific goals and prioritizing time management can help increase your productivity and contributions in the scientific community.