Can You Crack the Microshogi Tsume Puzzle?

• Thread starter Helios
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Challenge
In summary, the conversation is about the game of Microshogi, also known as Five-minute Poppy Shogi, and a tsume problem that was created as a challenge. The rules of the game involve checking the king until it is checkmated, and the pieces that point up are the ones that can move. Microshogi is a quick and fun game, but it can be difficult to find opponents to play against. Instead, the speaker analyzes joseki and creates problems to improve their skills. Solving the tsume problem is seen as a way to become an initiate of the game.
Helios
It occurred to me that some of the PF community might enjoy learning the game of Microshogi ( otherwise known as Five-minute Poppy Shogi, invented by Yasuharu Ōyama in 1981 ), so I composed this Microshogi tsume problem as a challenge. Does anyone play Microshogi? Then solve the tsume. Have fun. Good luck!

microshogi_tsume_problem_by_microshogi-d8vn50m.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
What are the rules?

berkeman said:
What are the rules?
Check the King and keep checking. Every move must be a check until the king is checkmated. The pieces that point up are on the move. This is tsume, the Japanese style of chess problems. Note that there is only one King on the board.
Microshogi is a quick fun game, but I can't find to many opponents to play. Instead I analyze joseki and I compose problems. This problem shows everything and is a good exercise to learn the game. Solve it and you become an initiate.

1. What is "Microshogi Tsume Challenge"?

"Microshogi Tsume Challenge" is a puzzle game that involves solving checkmate problems in the Japanese chess variant called Microshogi. It is designed to improve players' critical thinking skills and strategic abilities.

2. How do you play "Microshogi Tsume Challenge"?

Players are presented with a board setup and a certain number of moves to checkmate their opponent's king. They must use their pieces strategically to accomplish this goal. The game becomes increasingly difficult as the levels progress.

3. Is "Microshogi Tsume Challenge" suitable for beginners?

Yes, "Microshogi Tsume Challenge" offers different levels of difficulty, making it suitable for beginners to advanced players. The first levels serve as tutorials to help players understand the rules of the game before advancing to more challenging puzzles.

4. Can "Microshogi Tsume Challenge" improve my chess skills?

Yes, "Microshogi Tsume Challenge" can improve your chess skills as it requires similar critical thinking and strategic abilities. It also introduces players to a new chess variant, which can expand their knowledge and skills in the game.

5. Can "Microshogi Tsume Challenge" be played on different devices?

Yes, "Microshogi Tsume Challenge" is available on various devices, including smartphones, tablets, and computers. It can be downloaded from app stores or played online through a web browser.