Fix Microwave After Gemsquash Explosion

• Thread starter Evil Knievel
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Microwave
In summary, if your microwave was damaged by a gemsquash explosion, there will likely be visible signs such as burns, cracks, or melted plastic and it is not recommended to use the microwave. To clean it, unplug and let it cool down before using a damp cloth and mild detergent. It is also not safe to eat food that was in the microwave during the explosion. To prevent a gemsquash explosion, properly puncture and vent the gemsquash before cooking and avoid overcooking or overheating it in the microwave.
Evil Knievel
Hi. A mate of mine had a gemsquash (A type of pumpkin) blow up inside his microwave and now it won't work. I have heard that troubleshooting for microwaves is quite straightforward. Does anyone have advise on what to look for?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Well, start by unplugging the microwave and waiting a little while.

The first thing I would look for is blown fuses and physical damage or shorts caused by bits-o-pumkin.

Thanx

Nate

Thank you very much. Will hopefully feedback soon

Knievel

1. How do I know if my microwave was damaged by a gemsquash explosion?

If your microwave was damaged by a gemsquash explosion, there will likely be visible signs such as burns, cracks, or melted plastic. You may also notice strange smells or noises coming from the microwave.

2. Can I still use my microwave after a gemsquash explosion?

It is not recommended to use a microwave that has been damaged by a gemsquash explosion. The explosion may have caused damage to the internal components of the microwave, making it unsafe to use.

3. How can I clean my microwave after a gemsquash explosion?

First, unplug the microwave and let it cool down. Then, use a damp cloth to wipe away any debris or residue from the explosion. You may also need to use a mild detergent to remove any stubborn stains. Make sure to thoroughly dry the microwave before using it again.

4. Is it dangerous to eat food that was in the microwave during a gemsquash explosion?

It is not recommended to eat food that was in the microwave during a gemsquash explosion. The explosion may have caused harmful chemicals or debris to contaminate the food.

5. How can I prevent a gemsquash explosion in my microwave?

To prevent a gemsquash explosion in your microwave, make sure to properly puncture and vent the gemsquash before cooking it. Also, avoid overcooking or overheating the gemsquash in the microwave as this can increase the risk of an explosion.