Mirror image inversion in the 4th dimension.

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of a 4th dimensional being flipping a 3D person and the implications it would have on their physical appearance and surroundings. It is compared to a 2D being being flipped through the 3rd dimension and how it would affect their perception of themselves. Ultimately, it is concluded that a reflection through the 3rd dimension would not have any noticeable effect on the 2D person's perspective.
It is relative. If I were to be flipped in 4D into a mirror image of myself: 1) I would remain unchanged to myself, but it would appear that the world was backwards. 2) Anyone observing me would see me turned into a mirror image of who I once was.

Science news on Phys.org
jbriggs444 said:
Not any weirder than looking out the train window and thinking that it could just as well be the landscape moving past. The unexpected bit is finding that there actually is an experimental test that can detect chirality reversal.
The concept of relative motion is easy to grasp, but relative chirality? That's mind-blowing.