Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Miss the news about this site

1. Aug 13, 2008 #1

~christina~

Gold Member

hello

I'm quite sorry for putting, "that" site link into gen discussion. (I was offended by reading their posts, but that was the only reason I posted the link)
    I also never knew that it was a, discriminatory, site.
    I guess I don't surf the internet or just miss the news about this site. :frown:

edit: ah now someone has deleted the whole thread :cry: Now I really think I did something bad.

apologies again,
    ~christina~

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2008 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Re: Sorry

No need to apologise: it was clear that you didn't know what that site was about since if you had I'm quite sure you wouldn't have posted the link.

4. Aug 13, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

No need to apologize, the fact that you realized that something was not right with it means that you are "ok". :smile:

5. Aug 13, 2008 #4

~christina~

Gold Member

Absolutely NOT!
    I was just wondering why this site is still up and running? Isn't anyone able to shut it down?
    From that link, MIH posted, that it keeps running and all efforts to stop them, have failed. unbelievable :eek:

6. Aug 13, 2008 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Freedom of speech protects all kinds of things.

Rule of thumb, if it sounds wrong, and it feels wrong, there's a good chance that it is wrong. Just because they're allowed to say it doesn't make it right.

7. Aug 13, 2008 #6

~christina~

Gold Member

I think that they are abusing the system. :grumpy:
    I just thought that they were ignorant. Many people say different things but, the things those rejects posted, got me mad. I don't think that many of them would say the things they say on that forum to people's faces. (they don't have the guts and hide online)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?