What is the impact of online hate speech and discrimination?

• Thread starter ~christina~
  • Start date
In summary: I just thought that they were ignorant. Many people say different things but, the things those rejects posted, got me mad. I don't think that many of them would say the things they say on that forum to people's faces. (they don't have the guts and hide online)
~christina~
Gold Member
hello

I'm quite sorry for putting, "that" site link into gen discussion. (I was offended by reading their posts, but that was the only reason I posted the link)
I also never knew that it was a, discriminatory, site.
I guess I don't surf the internet or just miss the news about this site. :frown:

edit: ah now someone has deleted the whole thread :cry: Now I really think I did something bad.

apologies again,
~christina~

Physics news on Phys.org

No need to apologise: it was clear that you didn't know what that site was about since if you had I'm quite sure you wouldn't have posted the link.

No need to apologize, the fact that you realized that something was not right with it means that you are "ok". :smile:

cristo said:
No need to apologise: it was clear that you didn't know what that site was about since if you had I'm quite sure you wouldn't have posted the link.
Absolutely NOT!
Evo said:
No need to apologize, the fact that you realized that something was not right with it means that you are "ok". :smile:
I was just wondering why this site is still up and running? Isn't anyone able to shut it down?
From that link, MIH posted, that it keeps running and all efforts to stop them, have failed. unbelievable :eek:

~christina~ said:
Absolutely NOT!

I was just wondering why this site is still up and running? Isn't anyone able to shut it down?
From that link, MIH posted, that it keeps running and all efforts to stop them, have failed. unbelievable :eek:
Freedom of speech protects all kinds of things.

Rule of thumb, if it sounds wrong, and it feels wrong, there's a good chance that it is wrong. Just because they're allowed to say it doesn't make it right.

Evo said:
Freedom of speech protects all kinds of things.
I think that they are abusing the system. :grumpy:
Rule of thumb, if it sounds wrong, and it feels wrong, there's a good chance that it is wrong. Just because they're allowed to say it doesn't make it right.
I just thought that they were ignorant. Many people say different things but, the things those rejects posted, got me mad. I don't think that many of them would say the things they say on that forum to people's faces. (they don't have the guts and hide online)

What is the meaning of "Miss the news about this site"?

"Miss the news about this site" refers to not being aware of or informed about recent updates or events related to a particular website.

Why is it important to not miss the news about a site?

Staying updated on news and updates about a site can provide valuable information and insights for users, such as new features or changes that may affect their experience. It also allows users to stay connected and engaged with the site's community.

How can I make sure I don't miss any news about a site?

There are a few ways to stay informed about news and updates for a site. You can follow the site's social media accounts, sign up for their newsletter, or regularly check their website for any announcements or updates.

What should I do if I have missed news about a site?

If you have missed news about a site, you can try reaching out to the site's support team for any updates or information. You can also check their website or social media pages for any past announcements or updates.

Why do some people miss the news about a site?

There can be various reasons why someone may miss news about a site. They may not be actively following the site's updates, they may have unsubscribed from newsletters or social media pages, or they may have simply overlooked the news. Additionally, some sites may not have a strong presence on social media or may not regularly send out newsletters, making it easier for users to miss updates.