More Believe In God Than Heaven: Fox News

Robert Zaleski
I finally realize what I should put on forms that ask my religion - HEATHEN! Thank you Robert, Njorl
Don’t thank me Njorl, Noah Webster deserves all the credit. According to his definition a heathen is anyone who is not a member of the Jewish, Christian or Moslem faith. If I offended you or anyone else on this forum I’m truly sorry, it was not my intent.

What I’m pissed off at is the Christian bashing that’s prevalent nowadays. Christians seem to be the flavor of the month for media and the ACLU to attack. Another thing that riles me are people that believe in nothing and project themselves as visionary’s to the true meaning of life. These people usually write and talk in a cryptic language no one including themselves understands. It may not be chic in today’s environment, but I believe in a devine being. Isn’t it strange that I live in a predominately Christian country and have to defend myself for being one

You know, I never heard of this group until you mentioned it. I thought to myself "Wow, sounds like a pretty cool group of people, lemme check them out."
Megashawn, you need to get out more. The ACLU has been around for years. They were particularly useful to the Communist party in the 1950’s, when they defended their membership. The only thing your going to find at their website is a pile of self serving bull****. If you want to find out about a group like this, you need to find out who their major contributors are. Good Luck, I’ve tried. I wouldn’t be surprised, however, if you found numerous groups sympathetic to the far left, including that fun loving bunch at NAMBLA.

They were particularly useful to the Communist party in the 1950’s, when they defended their membership.
As opposed to being a McCarthy goon?

Robert Zaleski
McCarthy for all his flaws as a human being was pretty much on track regarding the activities of the Communist Party in the USA. Read the Venona Papers.

Originally posted by Robert Zaleski
McCarthy for all his flaws as a human being was pretty much on track regarding the activities of the Communist Party in the USA. Read the Venona Papers.
I've read the Venona Papers. Ruining the lives of thousands to get a few is as justifiable as Hitler killing millions for a national cause. It's just ridiculous. Contrary to popular belief, the ends do not always justify the means.

FZ+
What I’m pissed off at is the Christian bashing that’s prevalent nowadays. Christians seem to be the flavor of the month for media and the ACLU to attack. Another thing that riles me are people that believe in nothing and project themselves as visionary’s to the true meaning of life. These people usually write and talk in a cryptic language no one including themselves understands. It may not be chic in today’s environment, but I believe in a devine being. Isn’t it strange that I live in a predominately Christian country and have to defend myself for being one
And who asked you to defend yourself?

Just where are these prevalent cases of Christian bashing? Lemme see, we have a president who sprouts pseudoreligious nonsense more often than most have hot dinners. We have churchs that declare vast tracts of the world population unclean, and issue BS advice that will result in the deaths of millions. We have people organising moves against the seperation of church and state, and a government that is aiding it. We have people campaigning to teach creationist dogma in schools. We have organised campaigns of hatred against non-christians, especially Muslims. Where are these people?

I think atheists grew out of inventing assailants to extract the moral high ground ages ago.