Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Most Likes Page

1. Apr 26, 2017 #1

Charles Link

Homework Helper

The section info/members/"most likes" is quite interesting. In addition, @mfb is quickly approaching a milestone of 5000 "likes". Congratulations to him!! I also find it quite interesting watching the top 20 on this page, all of whom have put in much time and effort on the Physics Forums. Keep up the good work !!! :) :)

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2017 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

I feel like I should be jealous that @phinds has more "likes" than I do. But then I realized that everyone likes a puppy dog.

4. Apr 27, 2017 #3

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Damn right they do ! I'm CUTE.

5. Apr 27, 2017 #4

Drakkith

It's really just an unfair advantage. I can't even compete. I mean, have you seen my face?!

6. Apr 27, 2017 #5

fresh_42

Always reminds me of the ninja turtles. Which one are you? What is it meant to be?

7. Apr 27, 2017 #6

Ibix

Science Advisor

You could try barking and slobbering all over the mentor forums?

8. Apr 27, 2017 #7
    No! We just only recently trained him against that! It was a horrible few years! Poor Evo, mopping up all of Draks slobber.

9. Apr 27, 2017 #8

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

God, no. What a horrible thought.

10. Apr 27, 2017 #9

Drakkith

I blame everyone but myself!

Indeed. Let's just say that there's a very good reason I wear a helmet.

11. Apr 27, 2017 #10

Charles Link

Homework Helper

@Drakkith says he can't compete, but with the couple of "likes" he just picked up, he has now moved into a tie for 10th place with @Orodruin at 2384 "likes". :) :)

12. Apr 27, 2017 #11

Drakkith

Excellent... all my plans are going according to... plan.

13. Apr 30, 2017 #12

Charles Link

Homework Helper

A look at the "Trophy" points shows there is a 60 trophy points and "Hello Mr. President" at 3000 "likes", but 5000 is apparently off the charts.

14. Apr 30, 2017 #13

OCR

Bahhh!! ... don't need no stinkin' likes... couldn't care less about 'em! . :oldgrumpy: .. lol

15. May 1, 2017 #14

Charles Link

Homework Helper

@OCR Perhaps a more positive song by John Prine (in reference to the "link" you provided) is "Hello in There" or "In Spite of Ourselves". His guitar playing is good in the song, but his songs "Sam Stone", "Angel from Montgomery", and "Dear Abby" are much more inspiring than the song in the "link". Anyway, I enjoy the "likes" page and I am glad the Physics Forums keeps this statistic.

16. May 1, 2017 #15

Charles Link

Homework Helper

And one of the reasons the "likes" statistic is important is that although some of the "likes" come easy=that is a given...Some of the "likes" follow after an hour of effort or more in solving a question that is posted. In many cases, the questions that are posted are somewhat unique, and are something that isn't found by a simple google or even looking in the proper textbook. Again I am glad for the statistic=it isn't necessarily a perfect indicator, but it is an indicator of the effort the member has put forth in responding to the various posts.

17. May 2, 2017 #16

OCR

Please accept my apology, Charles... my post was only meant as a joke.

I always took Prine's song as being a bit of self-deprecating humor...
    From the old Aesop's fable... The Fox and the Grapes.

That's all I was doing... trying to make a joke, at my expense.

However, as Aufbauwerk 2045 once pointed out...
    Usually, if a joke needs an explanation... it didn't work very well, I guess.

I really do need to follow my own advice.... :redface:

18. May 5, 2017 #17

Charles Link

Homework Helper

@mfb is now just 2 "likes" away from 5000. I don't know if there are any trophy points for the achievement, but I think it should be recognized. ## \\## My hat goes off to @mfb . Congratulations !!! :) :) :)

19. May 5, 2017 #18

mfb

2016 Award

Thank you :).

20. May 6, 2017 #19

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just thought I'd mention: Seeing a like on a reply from the member whom I'm replying to is the indicator it has been seen by that member; especially when no further comment is expected or needed.

21. May 6, 2017 #20

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Just for the record, I hate mfb.
    He appears to have hogged a disproportionate amount of the earths limited supply of operational brain cells.
    Just my humble opinion.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted