Why is my mouse redirecting to apple.com when I press the scroll wheel button?

• Thread starter sean1234
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Links
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue where pressing the scroll wheel button on a mouse redirects the web page to apple.com. It is suggested that this could be due to a defined action in the Mouse and Keyboard preferences, specifically in the Mozilla Firefox browser. The issue is resolved by clearing private data, but the problem resurfaces.
sean1234
When I press down the scroll wheel button on my mouse the web page redirects to apple.com. What is going on here?

Physics news on Phys.org
Umm, on the ones at school when you press down Dashboard opens. I think its in the Mouse and Keyboard preferences.

Which browser? Could be you have defined some weird action for the middleclick.

Mozilla Firefox

Just a thought, but your middle mouse button opens your default web browser {Firefox} and the default home page is apple..??

- what type of mouse? {is it a new one or a cookie cutter dell mouse}
- is Apple.com your homepage if you just open FF?

It seems that I have resolved this by clearing out my private data, cookies, history, etc. My default page is google and it is a standard Sony Vaio mouse by the way.

wow, can't believe apple do that

Well it looks as though I did not fix the problem by clearing the temporary files. Any suggestions?

1. Why does my mouse keep linking to apple.com?

This could be due to a number of reasons, such as a software glitch, a malfunctioning mouse, or a setting on your computer that is causing the link to redirect to apple.com. It is recommended to troubleshoot the issue by checking your mouse settings, updating your software, or trying a different mouse to determine the cause.

2. How do I fix my mouse from linking to apple.com?

The first step would be to check your mouse settings and ensure that the click action is set to the correct function. You can also try updating your software or restarting your computer to see if that resolves the issue. If the problem persists, it may be necessary to replace your mouse.

3. Can a virus cause my mouse to link to apple.com?

While it is possible for a virus to affect your computer and cause unexpected actions, it is unlikely that it would specifically cause your mouse to link to apple.com. It is recommended to run a virus scan on your computer to ensure that it is not infected.

4. Why does my mouse only link to apple.com and not other websites?

This could indicate that there is a specific shortcut or setting on your computer that is redirecting your mouse to apple.com. Check your browser settings and any shortcuts you may have set up to determine the cause.

5. Is there a way to change the link my mouse goes to?

Yes, you can change the link that your mouse goes to by adjusting the settings on your computer. This can typically be done through your mouse settings or by editing the shortcut associated with the click action. If you are unable to change the link, it may be necessary to replace your mouse with one that allows for customizable settings.