Need Help Solving the 3D Schrodinger Equation?

In summary, the Schrodinger equation is a fundamental equation in quantum mechanics that was developed by Erwin Schrodinger in 1925. It predicts the probability and properties of particles, and is used in chemistry to describe the behavior of electrons and calculate their energies. The term "wavefunction" in the equation represents the probability amplitude of a particle's position and momentum.
smoslemi
Hi,
I am looking for a book which explains the solving methods for 3d schrodinger equation. Can you help me?
Roitan

Physics news on Phys.org
Plenty of problems can be found in S.Flügge "Practical Quantum Mechanics",2 vols.,Springer.,or Constantinescu & Magyari "Problems in Quantum Mechanics" and other works...

Daniel.

thanks

smoslemi said:
Hi,
I am looking for a book which explains the solving methods for 3d schrodinger equation. Can you help me?
Roitan
thanks for your replys.
Sanam

thanks for your help.
Sanam

1. What is the Schrodinger equation?

The Schrodinger equation is a fundamental equation in quantum mechanics that describes how the quantum state of a physical system changes over time.

2. Who developed the Schrodinger equation?

The Schrodinger equation was developed by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrodinger in 1925.

3. What does the Schrodinger equation predict?

The Schrodinger equation predicts the probability of finding a particle at a certain position and time, as well as its energy and other properties.

4. How is the Schrodinger equation used in chemistry?

In chemistry, the Schrodinger equation is used to describe the behavior of electrons in atoms and molecules, and to calculate their energies and properties.

5. What is the significance of the term "wavefunction" in the Schrodinger equation?

The term "wavefunction" in the Schrodinger equation represents the probability amplitude of a particle's position and momentum, and its evolution is governed by the equation.