Need help to identify name and type of this nut

• Thread starter Heng Li
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Nuts Type
In summary, the conversation is about someone searching for a specific type of nut to connect threaded parts and syringe needles. They have been unsuccessful in finding it and are looking for recommendations or the exact name of the nut. The conversation also mentions possible alternatives and clarifies the intended use for the nut.
Heng Li
Hello everyone,
I am looking for one special type of nut (see image) for weeks without success. It is used to connect threaded part and syringe needle. This thing is driving me nuts. Is there any place to get similar ones or what is the exact name of nut in this shape?

Thanks!
eaeOlvH.png

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Heng Li said:
Hello everyone,
I am looking for one special type of nut (see image) for weeks without success. It is used to connect threaded part and syringe needle. This thing is driving me nuts. Is there any place to get similar ones or what is the exact name of nut in this shape?

Thanks!
eaeOlvH.png
Welcome to the PF.

What do you mean by syringe needle? Is this for a medical application?

Heng Li said:
It is used to connect threaded part and syringe needle.

I've needed a lot of injections and IV recently and none looked like your photo. They all looked like the luer lock in post #3 which seems slightly different.

Is the one in your photo broken?

Would this do?

http://www.rct-online.de/en/fittings/one-piece-connectors-made-of-plastic/luer-lock-connectors/28869/luer-lock-adapter-male-with-female-thread

BoB

1. What is the name of this nut?

The name of this nut is difficult to determine without further information. It could be helpful to provide a description or image of the nut in question.

2. How can I identify the type of nut?

To identify the type of nut, you can start by looking at its physical characteristics such as size, shape, and color. You can also research different types of nuts and compare them to the one you have. Consulting with a botanist or an expert in nut identification may also be helpful.

3. Is this nut edible?

It is not possible to determine if a nut is edible without knowing its specific type. Some nuts are safe for consumption while others may be poisonous. It is always best to consult with an expert before consuming any unknown nut.

4. Can you provide a list of common nut types?

Common nut types include almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, and macadamia nuts. There are many other types of nuts, so it is best to research and compare physical characteristics to determine the specific type.

5. What is the best way to preserve this nut?

The best way to preserve a nut is to store it in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Nuts can also be frozen for longer storage. It is important to check the specific storage recommendations for the type of nut you have.