Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help to identify name and type of this nut

  1. Jan 15, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone,
    I am looking for one special type of nut (see image) for weeks without success. It is used to connect threaded part and syringe needle. This thing is driving me nuts. Is there any place to get similar ones or what is the exact name of nut in this shape?

    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2016 #2


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    Welcome to the PF.

    What do you mean by syringe needle? Is this for a medical application?
  4. Jan 15, 2016 #3


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

  5. Jan 16, 2016 #4


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

    I've needed a lot of injections and IV recently and none looked like your photo. They all looked like the luer lock in post #3 which seems slightly different.

    Is the one in your photo broken?
  6. Feb 4, 2016 #5


    User Avatar
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook