Need Help with Graphing Calculator Project

In summary, the person is looking for ideas on what kind of picture they can create using 10 different types of graphs on a graphing calculator. They need to include at least 3 different types of graphs, such as sine, cosine, tangent, etc. The picture needs to be simple, like a kite, and is for an extra credit project in their Calculus class. They are struggling with coming up with a creative idea and are seeking help and examples to get started.
dogtrainer
Can anyone give me an idea of a picture I can create on a graphing calculator using 10 graphs (at least 3 different types). Types of graphs can be sine, cosine, tangenet, cotangent,secant, cosecant, line, parabola, cubic, radical, quadratic Radical, absolute value and rational.
I think I will know how to draw it using the graphs, I just think of an applicable picture. I am drawing a blank. I know I am making it more difficult than it is. Can anyone help me get started? Whatever help you can offer will be appreicated.
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
What kind of picture does this need to be? Does it need to be an original creation, a logo, something that can be applied to future studies such as integration or differentiation? With a little more information I think there are a few ideas that could be generated.

Additional info on graphs

Thanks for your reply! A very simple graph such as a kite. It is strictly an extra point project for my Calculus class, in which I could surely use the extra points. As long as the picture created comes from at least 10 graphs of which 3 are different types from the list give previously, then it would be okay. I think I know how to create the graphs on the calculator, I just lack the ability to be creative enought to think of picture simple enough to graph. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Examples of some of the equations would be awesome. I just need help getting started. Last year I missed out on all the extra points in my Advanced Math class because I just couldn't get started. I don't want the same thing to happen this year. There are a lot more steps to the project, but I know how to do that part. It's this part that I get stuck.
Thanks for any help you can give.

What is a graphing calculator project?

A graphing calculator project is a task or assignment given to students in which they must use a graphing calculator to input equations and plot graphs, analyze data, and solve mathematical problems.

Why is a graphing calculator project important?

Graphing calculator projects allow students to apply their mathematical skills in a practical and visual way. It also helps students develop critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities.

What are the benefits of using a graphing calculator for a project?

Graphing calculators can save time and effort by quickly graphing complex equations and allowing for easy analysis of data. They also provide a visual representation of mathematical concepts, making them easier to understand.

What are some tips for successfully completing a graphing calculator project?

Some tips for successfully completing a graphing calculator project include familiarizing yourself with the calculator's functions, double-checking your calculations, and using appropriate labels and scales on graphs.

Are there any resources available for help with a graphing calculator project?

Yes, there are many online tutorials, guides, and forums available to help with graphing calculator projects. Your teacher or school may also have resources available for you to use.