Need Recommendation of Online Resources/Books

  • Topic: Studying 
  • Thread starter Thread starter wk1989
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Recommendation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
wk1989
Messages
32
Reaction score
1
Hi all,

I want to finish an introductory electrical engineering course by myself during my off term. Since I don't know the concepts well enough, I shall base my selection of materials to study from on recommendation from people who do know the subject well. Anyway, here is the short description of the course from my school's website
Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
Introduction to electrostatics, introduction to magnetic fields, basic dc circuits, mesh and nodal analysis, circuit simplification techniques, ac circuit components, the dynamic of circuits, analysis of ac circuits, sinusoids and phasors, operational amplifiers, transistors as amplifiers, diodes as switches.
[Note: This course has a double weight. Offered: W, S]

Labs are a part of the course as well but for now I probably won't do them. Any suggestions?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
An excellent book is Microelectronics by Sedra & Smith (Oxford Publishing). It's an all around good electronics book and when/if you want to delve more into the electronics field, it's a great book.
 
Thanks for the recommendation, do you also know of any online resources? And Sedra happens to teach at my school!
 
Ah, University of Waterloo. Yeah, his book is good.

Online resources?

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/