Need Recommendation of Online Resources/Books

In summary, The individual is looking to complete an introductory electrical engineering course on their own during their off term. They are seeking recommendations for study materials from those who have a strong understanding of the subject. The course covers topics such as electrostatics, magnetic fields, DC circuits, and AC circuits. Labs are also a part of the course, but the individual is not planning on completing them at this time. A recommended book is "Microelectronics" by Sedra & Smith, which is also taught by Sedra at their school. Additional online resources can be found at allaboutcircuits.com.
wk1989
Hi all,

I want to finish an introductory electrical engineering course by myself during my off term. Since I don't know the concepts well enough, I shall base my selection of materials to study from on recommendation from people who do know the subject well. Anyway, here is the short description of the course from my school's website
Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
Introduction to electrostatics, introduction to magnetic fields, basic dc circuits, mesh and nodal analysis, circuit simplification techniques, ac circuit components, the dynamic of circuits, analysis of ac circuits, sinusoids and phasors, operational amplifiers, transistors as amplifiers, diodes as switches.
[Note: This course has a double weight. Offered: W, S]

Labs are a part of the course as well but for now I probably won't do them. Any suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
An excellent book is Microelectronics by Sedra & Smith (Oxford Publishing). It's an all around good electronics book and when/if you want to delve more into the electronics field, it's a great book.

Thanks for the recommendation, do you also know of any online resources? And Sedra happens to teach at my school!

Ah, University of Waterloo. Yeah, his book is good.

Online resources?

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/

1. What are the best online resources or books for learning about a specific topic?

The best online resources or books for learning about a specific topic can vary depending on the subject matter. It is important to first identify what specific topic you are looking to learn about and then do some research to find reputable sources. Some popular online resources for learning include Khan Academy, Coursera, and TED Talks. It can also be helpful to read reviews and recommendations from other learners to find the best resources for your needs.

2. How do I know if an online resource or book is reliable?

To determine if an online resource or book is reliable, it is important to evaluate the credibility and expertise of the author or creator. Look for sources that are written by experts in the field or are affiliated with reputable institutions or organizations. Additionally, check for references and sources cited within the resource to ensure accuracy and avoid biased information.

3. Are there any free online resources or books available?

Yes, there are many free online resources and books available for learning. Some popular options include OpenStax, Project Gutenberg, and Google Scholar. It is important to note that while these resources may be free, they may not always be the most comprehensive or reliable.

4. Can online resources or books be used for academic or professional purposes?

Yes, online resources or books can be used for academic or professional purposes. However, it is important to check with your institution or organization to ensure that the resource is acceptable for use in your specific setting. Additionally, it is important to properly cite any information taken from online resources or books to avoid plagiarism.

5. How do I find the most up-to-date information in online resources or books?

To find the most up-to-date information in online resources or books, it is important to check the publication date or last updated date of the resource. Additionally, look for resources that are regularly updated and maintained by the author or creator. It can also be helpful to cross-reference information with other sources to ensure accuracy and timeliness.