How Does Elasticity Affect Collisions in Baseball Physics?

In summary, a person is seeking help with a lab on physics and baseball involving the elasticity of collisions between the ball and the bat. They are asking for assistance on a public forum and are worried about their teacher finding out. They have not yet asked their question and are still looking for someone to help them.
alexithymia
if you want to help
my lab is on physics and baseball and the elasticity of the collisions between the ball and the bat
email me at roxysurfgirl916@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
please anyone?
just post here that you're willing to help and i'll send you my questions =(
i'm super stressed out

Because this is an open, public forum, most people tend to prefer to do all the discussion on here rather than via e-mail or privately. In fact, it is to YOUR advantage and protection that things are done on here so that there are others who can monitor the accuracy of the info that you've been given.

Zz.

okay I'm just super paranoid that someone my teacher is going to find this and realize tommorow (when he gets the lab writeup and sees the presentation) that it was me.
he's really into physics so i wouldn't doubt for one second that he goes on these kind of websites.
ughh

will you help me perhaps? :(

okay i wrote it
i guess i'll just edit it and delete it later after I've been helped

26 views and no response?
anyone? even if you can only answer 1 or 2 parts of my problem...

alexithymia said:
26 views and no response?
anyone? even if you can only answer 1 or 2 parts of my problem...

Why don't you ask the question first? Then we can decide if we can help you or not.

1. What are the biggest sources of error in physics and baseball?

The biggest sources of error in physics and baseball include measurement errors, human error in data collection or interpretation, and environmental factors such as wind or temperature. These errors can significantly impact the accuracy and precision of calculations and measurements in both fields.

2. How does physics play a role in baseball?

Physics plays a crucial role in baseball, from the trajectory of a pitch to the distance a ball travels when hit. For example, the speed and angle of a pitch, as well as the mass and spin of the ball, all contribute to its trajectory. The laws of motion, such as Newton's laws, also explain how the ball moves and interacts with other objects on the field.

3. What are some common problems that arise when using physics in baseball?

Some common problems that arise when using physics in baseball include difficulty in accurately measuring certain variables, such as the speed of a pitch or the force of a hit, and the complexity of the interactions between multiple variables. Another challenge is applying theoretical principles to real-life situations, as there are often many unpredictable factors in a baseball game.

4. How can physics be used to improve performance in baseball?

Physics can be used to improve performance in baseball by providing players and coaches with a better understanding of the game. By analyzing data and applying principles of physics, players can adjust their techniques to improve their accuracy, speed, and power. Additionally, equipment such as bats and balls can be designed using physics principles to optimize performance.

5. What are some resources for learning more about the physics of baseball?

There are several resources available for learning more about the physics of baseball, including books, articles, and online resources. Some universities also offer courses or workshops specifically focused on the physics of baseball. Additionally, there are scientific studies and research papers that explore the physics behind various aspects of the game, such as pitching and hitting.