Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need some help

1. Dec 28, 2003 #1
    I am new here. I was hoping to get someone to help me. I am a senior in High School. I am hoping to get into Physics and Mathematics. I hace tried to find some good reading material for these subjects. I havent had much luck due to the fact that I am in the middle of a technology black hole. If there is anyone out there that can help me I would love it.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2003 #2
    Well 'Physics and Mathematics' is rather a broad topic! Perhaps you could narrow it down a little?

In the meantime, ANYONE interested in higher level Physics should read Richard Feynman's QED. It is required reading for pretty much any higher Physics course. A truly great book.

4. Dec 28, 2003 #3
    I am reading feynmans lectures on physics. It was a 2 year class he taught at caltech. I was hoping to find someone who is extremely good in one of these areas that would kinda take me under there wing. Cause where I come physics is what makes the bullet hit the duck. "ANYONE interested in higher level Physics should read Richard Feynman's QED." what is that. I dont really know exactly what I want to get into cause I really dont know all to much about the subject.

5. Dec 28, 2003 #4
    Then read QED, if you are into Physics, it will really get you going and inspire you. If it leaves you cold, you are a mathematician
    :smile:

6. Dec 28, 2003 #5

Where do I go to get something like that. Is it something that I can download. Cause I cant really afford to buy these books. If I do have to buy this book where would I be able to get it. Thank you for your help.

7. Dec 29, 2003 #6
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?