1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need some help

1. Dec 28, 2003 #1
    I am new here. I was hoping to get someone to help me. I am a senior in High School. I am hoping to get into Physics and Mathematics. I hace tried to find some good reading material for these subjects. I havent had much luck due to the fact that I am in the middle of a technology black hole. If there is anyone out there that can help me I would love it.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2003 #2
    Well 'Physics and Mathematics' is rather a broad topic! Perhaps you could narrow it down a little?

In the meantime, ANYONE interested in higher level Physics should read Richard Feynman's QED. It is required reading for pretty much any higher Physics course. A truly great book.

4. Dec 28, 2003 #3
    I am reading feynmans lectures on physics. It was a 2 year class he taught at caltech. I was hoping to find someone who is extremely good in one of these areas that would kinda take me under there wing. Cause where I come physics is what makes the bullet hit the duck. "ANYONE interested in higher level Physics should read Richard Feynman's QED." what is that. I dont really know exactly what I want to get into cause I really dont know all to much about the subject.

5. Dec 28, 2003 #4
    Then read QED, if you are into Physics, it will really get you going and inspire you. If it leaves you cold, you are a mathematician
    :smile:

6. Dec 28, 2003 #5

Where do I go to get something like that. Is it something that I can download. Cause I cant really afford to buy these books. If I do have to buy this book where would I be able to get it. Thank you for your help.

7. Dec 29, 2003 #6
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook