1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need suggestions for PhD on Computational Physics

1. Jan 23, 2016 #1
    Though there are several posts regarding Compuational Physics, I think my post is a little bit different from them. Currently I am doing my MS in Physics in Miami University and I am in my first year. I am searching a PhD program/group who work experimental and theoretical (computational) work in Condensed Matter Physics. I am doing a research on magnetism lately. Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2016 #2
    That's pretty broad. May I suggest you do some google scholar searches, find recent papers of interest, and investigate the groups that did the work.

4. Jan 23, 2016 #3
    Thanks Dr. Courtney. I am trying. I am a newbie. I tried to start this kind of work here at Miami University but couldn't.

5. Jan 25, 2016 #4

radium

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Computation CM also overlaps with theoretical chemistry. Many programs would allow you to be in the physics department while doing research with a professor in that area. What kind of CM are you interested in? There are actually a lot of really good people at Rutgers, many doing stuff involving ferroelectrics and some computational work on topological materials.

6. Jan 25, 2016 #5
    Hi Radium,
    Thanks for responding. I am in the physics department. I want to work in a group who does work both on experimental and theory by themselves. I want to learn the experimental physics and computation work. What do you mean by "kind" - i don't understand, sorry. If you are talking about overlapping with theoretical chemistry, then I say I don't want that. Yeah, the research topic you mentioned attracts me as well. If you more info please help me, I find it hard to find papers using google scholars.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  7. Jan 25, 2016 #6
    I understand what kind means now--------- I am basically interested in solid state physics/materials science and engineering.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook