Calculating Attraction Between Cokes: Solve the Puzzle

In summary, the conversation is about calculating the attraction between two objects placed at a certain distance from each other. The formula G*m1m2/r1 is mentioned and one person has attempted to use it but got the wrong answer. They then mention another problem involving calculating gravitational force on an electron from a proton and a solution is suggested to look up the masses of the objects.
Izekid
I don't know how to do this, 2 Cokes standing 35 cm from each other, Calculate the attraction to each other. One can weights 365grams.

Ok I know we should use G*m1m2/r1 and I have tried that and the result becomes only wrong like this

0,365*0,365 / 0,35 =0,3806428571 * 6,67*10^-11 =2,53888786^-11:eek:

Well that's not right the answer should be 7,3*10^-11

Physics news on Phys.org
Izekid said:
Ok I know we should use G*m1m2/r1 ...
That should be:
[tex]\frac{G m_1 m_2}{r^2}[/tex]

thx for that much easier now

Got another one here too, The Electron in the Hydrogenatom has a mediumdistans of 5*10^-11 Calculate the gravitationsforce on the electron from the protone in the middle. How shall i calculate this when I aint got the mass

Look up the masses of the proton and electron!

What is the purpose of calculating attraction between cokes?

The purpose of calculating attraction between cokes is to understand the forces that cause objects to stick together. By solving this puzzle, scientists can gain insight into the fundamental laws of physics that govern attraction.

How is the attraction between cokes calculated?

The attraction between cokes can be calculated using the formula for gravitational force, which takes into account the masses and distances between the two objects. In this puzzle, the cokes represent objects with different masses and the distance between them can be measured using the provided ruler.

What factors affect the attraction between cokes?

The attraction between cokes is affected by the masses of the cokes and the distance between them. The larger the masses, the greater the attraction, and the farther apart the cokes are, the weaker the attraction.

Why is it important to solve this puzzle?

Solving this puzzle can provide a better understanding of the laws of physics and how they apply to everyday objects. It can also help improve our understanding of the forces that hold objects together, which has practical applications in fields such as engineering and material science.

Are there any real-world applications for the concept of attraction between cokes?

Yes, the concept of attraction between cokes has many real-world applications. For example, it can help explain why objects stick together or fall towards the Earth, and it is also important in fields such as astronomy, where the gravitational attraction between planets and stars plays a crucial role.