1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Newton's second low 3 connecting objects

1. Apr 18, 2013 #1
    Hi,

I have a problem with solving this question. Could any one help me please.

The question is in this link http://im42.gulfup.com/BWgfE.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 18, 2013 #2
    Draw the free body diagrams. Make sure you keep in mind that they are not all on a flat surface. Once they are drawn out, seeing how to solve for other things might be easier to visualize.

4. Apr 18, 2013 #3
    I tried for million times , but still can't solve it , I have about 4 anknown things , tension between A and B , mass for object C , tension between B and C , acceleration for the system before and after cutting the rope between A and B

5. Apr 18, 2013 #4
    You do know the acceleration "before". Read carefully what the problem states about the speed of C.

6. Apr 18, 2013 #5
    Have you drawn your free-body diagrams?
    These will give you a set of equations which you can use to eliminate some of these unknowns (bearing in mind what voko said about the acceleration).
    If you're having trouble with this, show us what you've done.

7. Apr 18, 2013 #6
    Thank you all for helping me , you are the best, now I could solve the homework the tension will be 8.75 the weight will be 30.52 and the acceleration will be 1.55 .

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted