Check Out Fake Photo of President Bush: "Whatever it Takes"

• News
  • Thread starter check
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photo
In summary, CNN has reported that the photo used in a Bush campaign ad, which shows a crowd of military personnel, is a fake. The ad will be re-edited and reshipped to TV stations.
kat said:
I don't think you're very familiar with the military... but if these soldiers were ordered to hear the President speak and didn't go willingly I'd sure like to see you show some sort of support or evidence for that.
Ah, there's the key...they were "ordered" to go. How many do you think would have shown up if they weren't ordered to?

I am an ex military wife. My first husband was in Naval Intelligence at NISC in DC. I worked at the Navy Exchange. I spent a number of years living in condemned sub-standard military housing off Bolling Air Force Base in Washington DC. People in the military aren't robots and they do not mindlessly all support the President.

My brother was in the Army during the Vietnam War, as were many of my friends, my dad was in the Marines during WWII, my grandfather was a Captain in the French Navy, don't assume I don't know about the military.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
This is entertaining (and, I think, representative of a real problem - knee-jerk reactions), so I'll keep it going...
pelastration said:
I counted 23 extra faces and deducted 5 faces (about the surface the Bush takes) = 17 extra faces.
So why to add 17 faces ... because of the little boy with it's flag? :cool:
Funning, but not the real reason. :wink:
Russ ... come on ... you know better.
C'mon, what is the "real reason?" Is this deception so horrible that you can't even say what it is?

russ_watters said:
This is entertaining (and, I think, representative of a real problem - knee-jerk reactions), so I'll keep it going... C'mon, what is the "real reason?" Is this deception so horrible that you can't even say what it is?
I should give the reason? :rofl:
I can guess but can never be sure.
Whatever reason ... it shows that the Bushy guys adapt, change, manipulate ... FACTS. It seems to be a habit. A baaaaaaaad habit.

So... you can't see any deception (even though you said before that you could), but you think (want) there must be one? Nice.

...but wait - you said Bush manipulateds facts. What fact, specifically, did Bush manipulate here? Wait - then again, you also just said you didn't know. Hmm...

Polly said:
Are you serious? We are talking about, not just any commercial, but the commercial of a presidential candidate. We have a legitimate expectation of a higher level of integrity.

Since when? I don't remember any historical account of a campaign with anything resembling integrity...ever...People in the senate used to beat each other in heated debates, presidential politics has been entirely about pandering and spectacle since before Andrew Jackson was elected. You have no right to expect anything except the most vicious lies.

Evo said:
Ah, there's the key...they were "ordered" to go. How many do you think would have shown up if they weren't ordered to?
With a 70% support rate in the army and an slightly higher support rate with those overseas I think quite a few would show up and I don't think you can support that statement that they were "ordered" to go.

I am an ex military wife. My first husband was in Naval Intelligence at NISC in DC. I worked at the Navy Exchange. I spent a number of years living in condemned sub-standard military housing off Bolling Air Force Base in Washington DC. People in the military aren't robots and they do not mindlessly all support the President.

My brother was in the Army during the Vietnam War, as were many of my friends, my dad was in the Marines during WWII, my grandfather was a Captain in the French Navy, don't assume I don't know about the military.
Well, I'm sorry you had to live in sub-standard housing. For the almost 2 decades that we lived in military housing we always stayed in very nice homes...but that may have been because it was Air Force :wink: :biggrin: I still don't think you can support that they were "ordered" to go but if you do...I'll beg your forgiveness and publicly apologize :blushing: :redface: