Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Node Analysis for LM2577 Block Diagram

1. Apr 10, 2012 #1
    Greetings Members

I'm a chemistry student doing some research [this is not homework!] on boost conversion and I need help discerning the node analysis for this step-up voltage regulator. I've found pretty decent tutorials on elements such as the comparator, npn transistor, and oscillator. But elements such as logic, current and thermal limit, undervoltage shutdown, soft start, driver stage, 1.23v ref., and the sigma symbol enclosed in a circle I can't seem to find any good tutorials on :confused:.

Basically I need help understanding how current flows inside of the LM2577. If anyone would be willing to educate me on this, I would be most grateful. Thank you! :shy:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 10, 2012 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Can you post the diagram that you are looking at? What National Semiconductor application notes have you read about the LM2577 so far? What class is this for?

4. Apr 10, 2012 #3
    Thank you for the quick response!

This isn't for a class really; just something I'm trying to learn more about. I might attenuate electrical engineering to my major in chemistry. I've attached the data sheet for the regulator. I appreciate any information you can provide me.

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook