Not hard If you know how (homework) I don't

In summary, the problem states to find the following:1. Acceleration2. Mass3. Force4. KE5. Impulse upon collision
mushhhy
Does anyone out there have a few minutes to review a problem I worked out ?

I need to know where I am making errors and how to correct them

If you have a few minuted and are willing to help a fella out please reply ASAP

Here goes The problem states to find the following
1. Acceleration 5. Work
2. mass 6.the weight of three rayovac cells placed on the object
3. Force 7. momentum with and without cells
4. KE 8. Impulse upon collision

Trial 1 weight of object = 985.5 g .986 kg
Xi = 100cm ti = 0
Xf = 38cm tf = 4sec

I need velocity for accelartion v = d/ t = -.62 m/4s = -0.155 m/s

a = v / t = (0.155 m/s) / 4 s = -0.039 m/s^2

mass = w / g = 0.986kg / (9.8 m/s^2) = 0.101kg (why is ans. not in Newtons)

Force F = m x a =0.101kg x (-0.039 m/s^2) = - 2.59 N

KE = (1/2) m x v^2 = (1/2)(0.101kg)(-0.155 m/s)^2 = -0.024 J, (can J be -)

work W = (F cos 0) X = ? I am stuck here, the object is on a level surface I am thinking that (cos 90) is correct am I right ?
PLease any help will be appreciated I am trying to complete assignment and study for test. :eek:

Physics news on Phys.org
I see that this post is being viewed but not answered,

Did I do something wrong or is there an error in the post

I could really use a little help with this problem

Is there anyone out there just make a post if you can read me is there anyone at home

Okay.What's the text of the problem...?

Daniel.

mushhhy said:
work W = (F cos 0) X = ? I am stuck here, the object is on a level surface I am thinking that (cos 90) is correct am I right ?
PLease any help will be appreciated I am trying to complete assignment and study for test.

[tex]W=Fdcos(\theta)[/tex]
if the force is being applied horizontally, then [tex]\theta[/tex] would be zero

Work is force times distance times cos(theta). In this case, if the force is being applied horizontally, then theta=0 so... cos(0)=1 so work would just be W=F*d

:cry: Thank you
The problem was an experiment done in class, it is set up as a collision between two cars on a track. one stationary and one propelled by a fan.
Xi = 100cm, Xf = 38cm, ti = 0, tf =4s the rest of the problem is in my first post. If you need any further info let me know I will check back every few minutes. I am trying to figure out some other problems.

Thanks again

What is the meaning of "Not hard If you know how (homework) I don't"?

"Not hard If you know how (homework) I don't" is a phrase commonly used to express that a task may seem difficult, but can be easily accomplished if one knows the correct method or has the necessary knowledge.

Why do people use the phrase "Not hard If you know how (homework) I don't"?

People use this phrase to convey that a task may seem challenging at first, but can be easily completed with the right approach or understanding.

What is the scientific explanation behind the phrase "Not hard If you know how (homework) I don't"?

The phrase "Not hard If you know how (homework) I don't" can be explained by the concept of cognitive load, where a task may seem difficult due to lack of knowledge or understanding, but can be made easier by breaking it down into smaller, manageable steps.

How can the phrase "Not hard If you know how (homework) I don't" be applied in a scientific context?

In science, this phrase can be applied to learning and problem-solving. It suggests that with the right approach, any task or concept can be understood and mastered, even if it initially seems challenging.

In what other contexts can the phrase "Not hard If you know how (homework) I don't" be used?

This phrase can be used in various contexts, such as learning a new skill, completing a project, or even in daily life situations. It emphasizes the importance of knowledge and understanding in overcoming challenges.