Not on academic probation = hooray

• Thread starter flame_m13
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Academic
In summary: I'm sure this doesn't mean much to anyone else, but i am really happy.In summary, flame has completed a summer semester of college with great grades and is looking forward to continuing to do well in school.
flame_m13
i was admitted into a university on probation due to my low gpa (i did really bad in classes my freshman year.). i finished my summer semester with 2 classes, and ended up with a 3.0 gpa. i haven't seen that in awhile. i have another chance, and i have really been improving in school. i'll try my best to make this last. I'm sure this doesn't mean much to anyone else, but i am really happy.:smile:

<i just realized that the title says no on academic probation... i meant "not". no wonder i haven't been doing well in school. lol>

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Congrats, flame - that's great! All your hard work paid off - let that good feeling last!

That's great flame, nice to see someone taking responsibility and doing something positive instead of blaming the school for their bad grades.

Good job. A lot of people get discouraged if they don't get good grades or their grades slip. It's good that you decided to push through it and get better.

I didn't do well my first year.

Just stay positive, study as much as you can, and enjoy the moments.

nice to see someone taking responsibility and doing something positive instead of blaming the school for their bad grades.

what are you talking about? it is so my school's fault! they didn't tell me the classes were so hard, that i'd have to study so much. my teachers didn't remind me when my assignments were due. sure, they gave me a syllabus, but how can they expect you to keep up with it from one week to the next?? plus, a lot of the classes were right around lunch, so i was either too tired or too hungry to concentrate. i was the victim of a flawed education system...

j/k :biggrin:

flame_m13 said:
what are you talking about? it is so my school's fault! they didn't tell me the classes were so hard, that i'd have to study so much. my teachers didn't remind me when my assignments were due. sure, they gave me a syllabus, but how can they expect you to keep up with it from one week to the next?? plus, a lot of the classes were right around lunch, so i was either too tired or too hungry to concentrate. i was the victim of a flawed education system...

:rofl:

flame_m13 said:

Believe it or not, I have heard VERY similar complaints from real people who were being serious!:rolleyes:

Anyway, congrats flame! Keep up the hard work and it'll pay off!

flame_m13 said:

Well, I didn't eat at lunch. I just waited till I went home to actually, digest anything.

That description of college as, tough is quite an accurate description.

I've skipped class so many times because it was at 8:30am I can't even count anymore.

A lot of them were also the only class of my day and my commute to school is an hour long. Nuts to that.

flame_m13 said:

Glad to hear you've pulled up your grades! Congrats!

flame_m13 said:
i was admitted into a university on probation due to my low gpa (i did really bad in classes my freshman year.). i finished my summer semester with 2 classes, and ended up with a 3.0 gpa. i haven't seen that in awhile. i have another chance, and i have really been improving in school. i'll try my best to make this last. I'm sure this doesn't mean much to anyone else, but i am really happy.:smile:

<i just realized that the title says no on academic probation... i meant "not". no wonder i haven't been doing well in school. lol>

Congrats. I say this because most people never rebound. What you did is a complete turn around, and you should be proud.

Keep it up man!

Good job.

I had a hell of a time last year (freshman in HS) and I'm hoping that it'll be better this year.

What is academic probation?

Academic probation is a status given to students who have not met the academic requirements set by their institution. It usually means that the student's grades have fallen below a certain level or they have not completed the required number of credits.

How does being on academic probation affect a student?

Being on academic probation can have consequences such as being required to meet with an academic advisor, limited course options, or even dismissal from the institution if the academic performance does not improve.

What does it mean to not be on academic probation?

Not being on academic probation means that the student has met the academic requirements set by their institution and is in good academic standing. It also means that the student can continue their studies without any restrictions or consequences.

Why is it important to not be on academic probation?

Not being on academic probation is important because it allows the student to maintain their enrollment at the institution and continue their academic progress. It also shows that the student is meeting the standards and expectations set by their institution.

What steps can a student take to avoid academic probation?

To avoid academic probation, a student can make sure to attend all classes, complete assignments on time, seek help from professors or tutors when needed, and maintain a healthy balance between academics and other responsibilities. It is also important to regularly check in with an academic advisor to stay on track with academic requirements.