Not really a question, basic physics instructions (book error?)

In summary, the conversation is discussing a math equation shown in a picture. The person is confused about why delta t is being squared and asks for clarification. Another person points out that the equation clearly shows delta t being multiplied by delta t, so there is no mistake.
Raizy
In this pic: http://img268.imageshack.us/i/imgp2719d.jpg/

I couldn't follow what's in the red box. I just hope anyone on here could look through it and tell me if there is some error in there. If not, then I feel stupid.

Physics news on Phys.org
There is no mistake in that picture

[tex] a = \frac{\Delta v}{\Delta t}[/tex]

Why is it squaring delta t all of a sudden? :confused:

Raizy said:
Why is it squaring delta t all of a sudden? :confused:

You can see from the very first line in that rectangular box that we have [itex] \Delta t (\Delta t) [/itex].

Ok, got it.

Related to Not really a question, basic physics instructions (book error?)

1. What is the error in the book's instructions?

The error in the book's instructions could be a mistake in the equations or a misunderstanding of a concept. It is important to carefully double check all instructions and consult other reliable sources to ensure accuracy.

2. How can I identify if the book's instructions are incorrect?

One way to identify if the book's instructions are incorrect is by comparing them to other reputable sources. If there are discrepancies or inconsistencies, there may be an error in the book's instructions.

3. Is it common for physics books to have errors in their instructions?

While it is not common, it is possible for physics books to have errors in their instructions. Authors and editors are human and can make mistakes, so it is always important to double check and verify information.

4. What should I do if I come across an error in a physics book's instructions?

If you come across an error in a physics book's instructions, you should first try to verify the information with other reliable sources. If the error is confirmed, it is important to notify the publisher or author so they can make corrections in future editions.

5. How can I make sure I am getting accurate information when studying physics?

To ensure you are getting accurate information when studying physics, it is important to use multiple sources and cross-check information. It can also be helpful to consult with a teacher or expert in the field for clarification on any confusing or contradictory information.