If you were asked for one true wish. What would be your answer?

• Thread starter Willowz
  • Start date
In summary, a group of individuals discuss their one true wish and what it would be. Some wish for personal desires, such as infinite wishes or being irresistibly attractive, while others wish for more altruistic things like stopping tragedies in history or making the world a better place. However, there is also discussion about the potential consequences and negative effects of these wishes. The conversation also touches on the idea of being able to go back in time and change events, as well as the concept of population control.
Chi Meson said:
To have human population level off and descend back to about 3 billion (over a few decades, of course--don't want any horrible catastrophe; just want about half of everybody to go away)
My wish is that Chi gets his wish.

Physics news on Phys.org
Jack21222 said:
I'd wish for a breakthrough in stem cell research so my sister(and those in her position) can walk again, or at least use her arms.
I would wish that my youngest brother (and others like him) would live to see his (their) son (children) grow into adulthood. I'd gladly give 20 years of my life to him.

drizzle said:
I wish that poverty is a man so I can kill him!To be honest, this's someone else's wish. And I don't mind to let go my fantasias wish [:biggrin:] just to make this wish come true...

I'd wish wealth was a man so I could kill him.
Then, we could get rid of a green-eyed monster as well, without using our wish on it. :smile:

arildno said:
I'd wish wealth was a man so I could kill him.
Then, we could get rid of a green-eyed monster as well, without using our wish on it. :smile:

I know my wish sounds unreal, but think about it.. If you get rid of poorness, somehow wealthy people might die, by heart attack or something... :biggrin:

drizzle said:
I know it sounds unreal, but think about it.. If you get rid of poorness, somehow wealthy people might die, by heart attack or something... :biggrin:

I don't follow that thought at all.

I'd wish I was a little bit taller, wish I was a baller.

Oops, that's two.

Mororvia said:
I'd wish I was a little bit taller, wish I was a baller.
a baller?

I do not sink zat means what you sink it means.

I wish I could figure out how to change my attitude, how to straighten up.

Newai said:
I wish I could figure out how to change my attitude, how to straighten up.
Put the pipe down.

I haven't mentioned my wish. I wish that I knew what I should wish for.

Willowz said:
Put the pipe down.

I don't smoke, do drugs, or drink. Anything else?

Newai said:

Yeah. Lose the 'tude.

:rofl:

You misinterpreted my tone.

Newai said:
Then, you sound straightened up to me.

Ivan Seeking said:
Have you read the book or seen the PBS production of, The Lathe of Heaven?

To meet Ursula...

I went to an art show, with the book in hand, as I was a great fan of the production.
http://www.opb.org/programs/artbeat/segments/view/570" said Ursula would be there.

I missed her by 10 minutes. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
OmCheeto said:
To meet Ursula...

I went to an art show, with the book in hand, as I was a great fan of the production.
http://www.opb.org/programs/artbeat/segments/view/570" said Ursula would be there.

I missed her by 10 minutes. :cry:

My two biggest heartbreakers when it comes to celebrities:

I barely missed a chance to hang out back stage with Stevie Wonder. A friend I worked with knew him but didn't get as many backstage passes as he was promised. Up until a few hours before we were supposed to leave for the concert, I thought it was a done deal! :cry:

Back when she was a super hotty, I barely missed a chance to hang out with Melanie Griffiths. A fellow student and my best friend at the time was renting a room with his sister, who in turn worked at NBC studios. Both Don Johnson and Griffiths stopped by after work one day and my idiot friend didn't think to call until it was too late. :mad: It was particulary annoying because I was usually over there anyway. He and I studied together almost every night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not real big on celebrities. Kevin Costner and a large entourage showed up at a Robben Ford concert at a very small venue in Portland, some years back. My friend and I had front-row tickets. During a short break, I had to hit the bathroom and noticed that every woman in the crowd was staring at Costner, like sunflowers facing the Sun. I had to wait for some women to clear the way so I could get out of there, and he just shook his head with a wry grin. He's probably an OK guy. He was filming a movie with Paul Newman at the time. The next day, my wife was asking "was Paul Newman there?" over and over. My wife could care less about modern celebrities, but would swoon over Paul Newman or Jimmy Stewart.

Ivan Seeking said:
Back when she was a super hotty, I barely missed a chance to hang out with Melanie Griffiths.

Byzantine era?

FlexGunship said:
Byzantine era?

:rofl: Exactly what I was thinking.

I wish I had some soy sauce for my rice. Yummy, would be nice!

Willowz said:
I wish I had some soy sauce for my rice. Yummy, would be nice!

AND I WISH I DIDN'T HAVE SO MUCH SOY SAUCE!

Okay, this "wish thing" is starting to work out. How do we facilitate this transfer?