1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

OPAmp Impedance Circuit problem

1. Nov 29, 2011 #1
    I'm trying to solve this problem and the first 2 questions on it are giving me a tough time. Picture Attached.

(1) Determine the equivalent impedance Zeq of the OpAmp circuit. Assume that the OpAmp
    is ideal.

(2) Determine Rx, Lx, and Ry as a function of R, R1, and C such that Zeq of the equivalent
    circuit is equal to Zeq of the OpAmp circuit.

any help with this is much appreciated. I can find the impedance of the equivalent circuit no problem but the opAmp version is tripping me up.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2011 #2
    forgot to attach in previous post here's picture

Attached Files:

4. Nov 30, 2011 #3

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

I haven't seen an op-amp with both inputs inverting, before this. Okay, so I've lived a sheltered life. :smile:

Therefore, I have serious doubts about it giving the desired results. I think you might have to change the lower input to non-inverting (+). Does that make its analysis more in line with your expectations?

5. Nov 30, 2011 #4

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

R and C form a potential divider, dividing the input voltage and impressing it on the (+) input of the op-amp.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook