1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Operation amplifier audio equalizer

1. Apr 5, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I am to construct a circuit which can provide variable gain for the bass, midrange, and treble frequencies of an input. One of the stipulations is that I should use as few elements as possible.

2. Relevant equations
    n/a

3. The attempt at a solution
    Right now the only solution I can think of is cascading three band pass filters, each with cutoffs for the frequencies relating to bass, mid-range, and treble, and each with variable resistors to change the gain, but I think there's probably a better way to implement this. Is there a way to separate the various frequencies so that I can connect three variable resistors in parallel and use only one op amp, as opposed to three?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2009 #2
    Do you have a version of SPICE? There are various free versions available on the internet and it would be a good idea to simulate your ideas before building a circuit.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook