Outsourcing of accounting/finance?

• Thread starter avant-garde
  • Start date
In summary, according to the job outlook, accounting is expected to grow much faster than average. Companies outsource because it is cheaper in India.
avant-garde
Why isn't there an accounting/financial service outsource frenzy?

Physics news on Phys.org
avant-garde said:

There is no frenzy because the financial services started outsourcing around 2002-2003.

The offshoring trend has taken another surprising turn. Having successfully outsourced to India such back-office functions as IT, investment banks are now sending some of their financial analysis and research overseas. In recent months, firms including J.P. Morgan and Morgan Stanley have quietly hired Indian firms or set up their own subsidiaries in India to handle basic financial modeling and comparable analysis.

http://www.cfo.com/article.cfm/3011539

Bank of America started in 04.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2004/0218bankofam.html?fsrc=rss-outsourcing

The rumor mill has it that a lot of the home forclosure and short sale data will be processed in India.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember reading last year that some bankers are migrating to Asia:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7410501.stm

I think people are just getting used to off-sourcing
(and economically, in my opinion, it helps a lot to stem out the inefficient industries lot quicker so that resources can be used by more efficient sectors. So, it is not as evil as one might see.)

rootX said:
I remember reading last year that some bankers are migrating to Asia:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7410501.stm

I think people are just getting used to off-sourcing
(and economically, in my opinion, it helps a lot to stem out the inefficient industries lot quicker so that resources can be used by more efficient sectors. So, it is not as evil as one might see.)

More efficient sectors?? Companies outsource because it is cheaper in India.

About all we have left is a broken down auto industry and a couple of toilet paper factories. :smile:

I agree, you can achieve more with less through outsourcing and with real-time access to skilled people.

avant-garde said:

Some is getting outsourced, but according to the job outlook, accounting is expected to grow much faster than average:
http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos001.htm"

Perhaps due to the new health care law? Don't know, but accounting is my major because of the ease of finding a job in so many different fields.

What is outsourcing of accounting/finance?

Outsourcing of accounting/finance is the practice of hiring an external company or organization to handle the financial and accounting tasks of a business. This can include tasks such as bookkeeping, tax preparation, financial reporting, and payroll processing.

Why do companies outsource their accounting/finance?

Companies may choose to outsource their accounting/finance tasks for a variety of reasons, including cost savings, access to specialized expertise, and increased efficiency. By outsourcing, companies can save on labor costs, avoid the expenses of hiring and training in-house staff, and have access to a team of professionals with specialized knowledge and experience.

What are the benefits of outsourcing accounting/finance?

Some of the benefits of outsourcing accounting/finance include reduced costs, increased accuracy, improved data security, and access to advanced technology and resources. Outsourcing also allows companies to focus on their core business functions, rather than spending time and resources on non-core tasks.

What are the potential risks of outsourcing accounting/finance?

Some potential risks of outsourcing accounting/finance include loss of control over financial data and processes, communication issues with the outsourcing provider, and potential security breaches. It is important for companies to carefully choose a reputable and trustworthy outsourcing partner and establish clear communication and security protocols.

How can a company choose the right outsourcing provider for their accounting/finance needs?

To choose the right outsourcing provider, companies should consider factors such as the provider's reputation, experience, expertise in the specific accounting/finance tasks required, and their ability to meet the company's needs and deadlines. It is also important to thoroughly review the provider's contract and service level agreements to ensure they align with the company's expectations.