Did the old timer forget his ice cream order?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: A guy goes into a restaurant and orders a burger. He eats a few bites and then asks the waiter for a glass of water. The waiter says "sure". The guy takes a long drink and then asks for the check. The waiter says "sure". The guy pays the check and leaves.In summary, the old guy ordered a burger, took a drink, and then asked for the check.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
An elderly couple standing in front of me at the reception desk, the man says to the lady,
(you must be firm with them), so the lady asks the receptionist for a new appointment,
The receptionist tells her May the 27 is earliest she can do, the man says to his partner,
(that will not do be firm with them), so the lady asks for an earlier appointment, the receptionist asks them to wait while she asks the doctor, the man turns to me and gives me
me wink and says (you have to be firm with them), the receptionist comes back and tells the lady, the 27 of May is the best she can do, the man says ( that's better), and they book the appointment, as they are leaving the man says to the lady ( see you must be firm with them), i felt so sorry for them.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hahaha old people.

you-look-just-like-my-daughter.gif

That is funny. In a strange way.

There are some advantages to having Alzheimer's: You keep making new friends. You can hide your own Easter eggs...

In fact more truth than fiction. My parents now live in a retirement community, and everyone wears name tags because otherwise the introductions would never end. They laugh about it but it's true!

Seriously though, getting old ain't for sissies. Imagine what it will be like to lose your indendence, to be reliant on someone else to wipe your butt, to be constantly in pain, to be unable to perform tasks that you've been doing your entire life. It can be terrifying, dehumanizing, and incredibly depressing.

So, what were we talking about...?

In a way the receptionist tricked this couple (may be unintentionally), she could have told them the second date was the same as the first, i guess as the couple seemed happy she did not bother.

She just didn't want to be a jerk.

Three old guys on the beach, one turns to the other and says "I fancy an ice cream" waving a fiver around, the oldest guys says: "I'll go", so they say "ok, but you know what your memories like: anyway I'll have chocolate icecream a flake and some peanut sprinkles" says one, "sure you can remember that?" The guy says "yeah yeah, no problem".

"I'll have vanilla a flake and some cherry sauce as well, you sure you can remember all this?" says the other guy.

"Yeah, yeah no problem"

Anyway an hour goes by and there's no sign of him, so they start to get worried, wandering up the beach they come to their friend who hands them each a bag of chips and the change, they turn to each other looking bemused, and the guy says "what!? What's up?"

And the old timer says "where's my burger?"

Old joke.

Last edited:

1. What is "Overheard at the doctors"?

"Overheard at the doctors" is a popular social media account or blog where people share funny or interesting conversations that they have overheard at a doctor's office or medical facility.

2. How did "Overheard at the doctors" start?

The "Overheard at the doctors" trend started on social media platforms like Twitter and Tumblr, where people would share snippets of conversations they overheard at the doctor's office. It has since evolved into a larger community where people can submit their own stories and experiences.

3. Is "Overheard at the doctors" only for doctors?

No, "Overheard at the doctors" is for anyone who has had a funny or interesting experience at a doctor's office, whether they are a patient, doctor, nurse, or other medical professional. Anyone can submit their stories and participate in the community.

4. How accurate are the conversations shared on "Overheard at the doctors"?

The accuracy of the conversations shared on "Overheard at the doctors" cannot be verified, as they are shared anonymously. However, the goal of the community is to provide entertainment and humor, rather than factual information. It is important to take the conversations with a grain of salt and not use them as medical advice.

5. Are the conversations shared on "Overheard at the doctors" ethical or appropriate?

The conversations shared on "Overheard at the doctors" are meant to be lighthearted and humorous, but they should not be offensive or unethical. The community moderators do their best to filter out any inappropriate content, but it is ultimately up to the individual's discretion when submitting a conversation. It is important to respect patient confidentiality and not share any personal or sensitive information on the platform.