Penalty points to birthdays ratio

In summary, N = (number of birthdays per year at PF) - 1P = penalty points assignedIf N=1; k=0else, k=\infty.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
N = (number of birthdays per year at PF) - 1
P = penalty points assigned

What should be the value of k where P = kN?

Physics news on Phys.org
if N=1; k=0
else, k=[tex]\infty[/tex]

Yes yes I know, I can't program, its the effect that counts..

What? I don't get it.

Today - cyrusabdollahi (87) - he may be the oldest member. :smile:

Astronuc said:
Today - cyrusabdollahi (87) - he may be the oldest member. :smile:

If he wasn't that old, I wouldn't marry someone else!o:)

Last edited:
Lisa! said:
If he wasn't that old, I wouldn't marry someone else!o:)

I'm not sure what this means. Anyway, what's the status of our marriage, Lisa? Are we still married? I haven't been paying attention.

If you're not having sex, you're probably still married.

Danger said:
If you're not having sex, you're probably still married.

I don't have any idea if we are. If you recall, I was the last one to find out we were married. I don't mind, I just need an update now and then.

A far more important issue is that 107-year olds are discriminated against.

The computer has the presumption to regard their birthdays as less valid than others.

This culture of youth terror towards the elderly must be stopped at once.

zoobyshoe said:
I'm not sure what this means. Anyway, what's the status of our marriage, Lisa? Are we still married? I haven't been paying attention.

How am I supposed to know? :confused:

arildno said:
A far more important issue is that 107-year olds are discriminated against.

The computer has the presumption to regard their birthdays as less valid than others.

This culture of youth terror towards the elderly must be stopped at once.

The discrimination against 254-year-old Americans born from Sep 3 to Sep 13 easily eclipses that. It's like all of those folks were wiped completely off the slate of history. You can't even find dead 254-year-old Americans born on those dates.

I detect an unwholesome Amero-centrism in your criticism, BobG.

Lisa! said:
How am I supposed to know? :confused:

Read your tea leaves or something.

Are we still married?
zoobyshoe said:
I haven't been paying attention.

Lisa! said:
How am I supposed to know?
Sounds like you're still married. :smile:

arildno said:
I detect an unwholesome Amero-centrism in your criticism, BobG.
I second that. They had Gregorian calendars (from Sep 14, 1752) all over the British Empire (over which the sun was said to have never set).

PS: It's a good thing the French didn't adopt the Gregorian calendar immediately, or we would have lost Legendre to the vicissitudes of time. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Related to Penalty points to birthdays ratio

What is the "Penalty points to birthdays ratio"?

The "Penalty points to birthdays ratio" is a measurement that compares the number of penalty points a person has received to their age in years. It is often used to assess a person's driving record and potential risk on the road.

How is the penalty points to birthdays ratio calculated?

The ratio is calculated by dividing the number of penalty points a person has by their age in years. For example, if a person has 10 penalty points and is 30 years old, their ratio would be 10/30, or 0.33.

What is considered a high penalty points to birthdays ratio?

A high ratio would typically be considered anything above 1. This means that a person has received more penalty points than their age in years. This could indicate a history of traffic violations and potentially risky driving behavior.

Can the penalty points to birthdays ratio be used to predict future driving behavior?

While the ratio can provide some insight into a person's driving record, it is not a definitive predictor of future behavior. Other factors, such as changes in driving habits or external circumstances, can impact a person's risk on the road.

Are there any limitations to using the penalty points to birthdays ratio?

Yes, the ratio does not take into account the severity of the traffic violations. A person with a high ratio may have received multiple minor violations, while a person with a low ratio may have received a single major violation. Additionally, the ratio does not consider any mitigating circumstances that may have led to the penalties.