Pennsylvania State University- College of Engineering

In summary, the conversation discusses the reputation, degree value, and graduate employment opportunities at Pennsylvania State University's College of Engineering. It is mentioned that PSU has strong programs in Nuclear and Aeronautical Engineering, with good professors and many opportunities for projects and research. It is also noted that finding a job after graduation is not a problem and that State College is a fun place to be. However, there is a warning about the potential for distractions and the need to balance fun and academic success. Overall, the participants in the conversation have had positive experiences at PSU and recommend it as a top college.
turnstile
Hey
I have been offered admission to the Pennsylvania State University's College of Engineering...

Do any of you have any idea about its reputation, degree value, grad. employment opportunities? etc.

It would really help me out.

Physics news on Phys.org
Become a Nukee =)

PSU has a number of good engineering programs - particularly Nuclear Engineering. I know several of the faculty there. :biggrin:

i heard that they also had strong aeronautical engineering programs.. any comments on that?

but all in all... worth going there? (i.e. job prospects and degree value)

:)

Nuclear engineering and industrial engineering are the programs here at PSU that get a lot of attention but all the programs are good. Professors are great and there many opportunities as far as projects/research etc, i.e. the nano satellite, rockets, ion propulsion, neutron imaging and many others. As far as know finding a job after graduating isn't a problem...I think 1 in 50 active engineers in the USA have a degree from Penn State. To top it all off State College is the greatest place you'll ever find in terms of fun...but you'll find that out for yourself if you decide to come.

fun

Just a warning about fun back in 90's I started my education career in aerospace engineering at Penn State but ended up having a lot of fun at campus and had to leave. Do not make the same mistakes I made =).

I did the same thing. First semester as an Aero major and my average blood alcohol level was probably higher than my GPA. I changed majors and got my act together (as far as school went) and have been doing fine ever since. If you're motivated enough I believe you can definitely do both.

dak246 said:
I did the same thing. First semester as an Aero major and my average blood alcohol level was probably higher than my GPA..

HAHA :rofl:

So, its one of the top colleges out there...
I've accepted the offer of admission. :approve:

turnstile said:
HAHA :rofl:

So, its one of the top colleges out there...
I've accepted the offer of admission. :approve:

You're gunna love it. Good luck.

Good luck I loved that school =)

1. What majors are offered at the Pennsylvania State University- College of Engineering?

The Pennsylvania State University- College of Engineering offers a wide range of majors, including Aerospace Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and more.

2. What are the admission requirements for the College of Engineering at Pennsylvania State University?

Admission to the College of Engineering at Pennsylvania State University is competitive and based on a combination of factors, including high school transcript, standardized test scores, extracurricular activities, and essays. Prospective students are encouraged to have a strong foundation in math and science courses.

3. Does the College of Engineering at Pennsylvania State University offer any research opportunities?

Yes, the College of Engineering at Pennsylvania State University offers numerous research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. Students can work with faculty members on cutting-edge research projects in a variety of engineering disciplines.

4. What is the student-to-faculty ratio at the College of Engineering at Pennsylvania State University?

The student-to-faculty ratio at the College of Engineering at Pennsylvania State University is approximately 13:1. This allows students to receive individualized attention and support from faculty members, leading to a more personalized and enriching educational experience.

5. What career opportunities are available for graduates of the College of Engineering at Pennsylvania State University?

Graduates of the College of Engineering at Pennsylvania State University are highly sought after by top companies in various industries, including aerospace, automotive, construction, technology, and more. Many graduates also go on to pursue advanced degrees in engineering or related fields.