PF Nexus skin deprecation

Main Question or Discussion Point

Just giving a heads up that we will be removing PF Nexus as a skin option tonight. It hasn't been updated for nearly a year and many features are missing from it.

Answers and Replies

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

:cry: Looks like I better get used to "prime"

edit... How do I collapse the forums on the main page that I do not wish to view?

Last edited:
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

edit... How do I collapse the forums on the main page that I do not wish to view?
I'll look into adding that feature.

robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
"skin deprecation" ...sounds like a medical condition.

Is it possible to get the on the homepage the times of latest posts (as seen in Nexus),
rather than merely "Today" or "Yesterday"?

Is it possible to get the on the homepage the times of latest posts (as seen in Nexus),
rather than merely "Today" or "Yesterday"?
The timestamps take up too much space I'm afraid

robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
The timestamps take up too much space I'm afraid
How about... a time "hh:mm" if it is today [with no need to write to "Today"],
otherwise... "Yesterday" or a past date [with no need to write a time]?

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

ok there is a little image to the left at each category header, you can collapse there

How about... a time "hh:mm" if it is today [with no need to write to "Today"],
otherwise... "Yesterday" or a past date [with no need to write a time]?
I'll look into it, but it's not high on my list to be honest :)

Awesome, thanks Greg! I second robphy's suggestion of time stamp, if you can get around to it :smile:

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Aww goodbye Nexus skin. I will always have fond memories *sniff*.

I third robphy's suggestion of time stamp. Knowing the time of the last post saves from reloading pages uselessly. It's the main reason I was using Nexus, after esthetic preference.

ok there is a little image to the left at each category header, you can collapse there
Yay! Thanks.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
virtual exfoliation?

Evo
Mentor
We've shedded our skin. :yuck:

I third robphy's suggestion of time stamp. Knowing the time of the last post saves from reloading pages uselessly. It's the main reason I was using Nexus, after esthetic preference.
ok added time stamp, still tweaking to optimize

Evo
Mentor
I just saw that!

Can we have the feature that shows when a new member is registering? That was in Nexus as a "welcome our newest member".

Can we have the feature that shows when a new member is registering? That was in Nexus as a "welcome our newest member".
Just curious how useful that is when we have a member signing up every 6 minutes?

Evo
Mentor
Just curious how useful that is when we have a member signing up every 6 minutes?
Very useful, for mentors.

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I found you could easily spot those that would get banned immediately as they tend to chose names such as:

xxxvids

and

discountmobs

etc.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yay! Thanks! That's the one feature from Nexus that I really liked, especially since something often goes haywire with forums already read...they seem to unmark themselves, posts too, even when there's nothing new in them (it's like an entire previous visit never happened). That time stamp helps me figure out which forums I've already read when they all get marked unread again.

morphism
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Why did the timestamps change from "Yesterday" and "Today" to "Y" and "T"?

Why did the timestamps change from "Yesterday" and "Today" to "Y" and "T"?
Trying to save space. Yesterday and Today with the timestamps is too long and ends up bumping to another line.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Trying to save space. Yesterday and Today with the timestamps is too long and ends up bumping to another line.
I don't think having a time stamp for "yesterday" is necessary, so you could just have a time stamp for the current day's posts and dates for everything else (or yesterday if you wish). If you did that, then you could get rid of the "T" which is odd looking.

I don't think having a time stamp for "yesterday" is necessary, so you could just have a time stamp for the current day's posts and dates for everything else (or yesterday if you wish). If you did that, then you could get rid of the "T" which is odd looking.
That would require some code alteration.