• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Other PhD advice

Hello.
I am a Physicist with MSc in Experimental Particle Physics and for the last 3 years I work in the field of Science Education as a teacher trainer, and developer of inquiry based, ICT enhanced educational content in the field of Physics for K12 students in the RnD department of a school in Greece. I have been teaching Physics for more than 10 years in various institutions of the private law in Greece both for K12 students and for University students. I also do outreach of modern Physics in informal settings.

I wish to do a PhD which will combine my passion for Physics with my passion for education and outreach.

My question is if you could propose me a PhD that would help me towards this direction.
What should I look for? Should I focus on a purely Physics PhD or is there a way to combine Physics with education and outreach?

Thank you very much.
Best regards.

Last edited:
You can do a Physics PhD which specializes in physics education. Rather than doing research for your dissertation you would be writing about improving educational techniques or something of the sort. Here is an example: https://web.phys.ksu.edu/info_us/degrees.html I'm not plugging that program and have no affiliation with it, but just as an example of the type of thing to look for.

Thank you very much.
It seems to be exactly what I am looking for. Do you happen to know if similar opportunities exist in Europe?

Here is a link list from MIT that includes programs in Europe: http://web.mit.edu/jbelcher/www/hp.html
Not all of the links work, so you'll have to individually search ones that are broken. Good luck!

thank you