What is the angle of the rope in Physics 11 problem 10?

In summary, a sled with a mass of 845N is pulled a distance of 185m, requiring 1.20 x 10^4J of work to be done. The force used to pull the sled is 125N. To find the angle at which the rope is held, the equation theta = arccos(W/(F*d)) can be used. However, the answer of 1.0 degrees given by the user is incorrect.
Iceclover

Homework Statement

An 845N sled is is pulled a distance of 185m. The taskt requires 1.20 x 10^4J of work and is done by pulling a rope with a force of 125N. At what angle is the rope held

Homework Equations

W=Cos(of theta) Fd

The Attempt at a Solution

F=845N
d=185m
W=1.20x10^4J
F=125N
angle=?

I know how to do this question if I am given an angle but i don't really know what to do when I am supposed to be finding the angle.

Physics news on Phys.org
theta = arccos(W/(F*d)) is how you'd find the angle given that eqn.

is the right answer 1.0 degrees?

Iceclover said:
is the right answer 1.0 degrees?
No. You were given the correct equation , please show how you arrived at your answer.

Related to What is the angle of the rope in Physics 11 problem 10?

What is the problem statement for Physics 11 problem 10?

The problem statement for Physics 11 problem 10 is "A car travels at a constant speed of 60 km/h for 2 hours. What is the total distance traveled by the car?"

What is the formula for calculating distance in Physics 11 problem 10?

The formula for calculating distance in Physics 11 problem 10 is distance = speed x time.

What is the unit for distance in Physics 11 problem 10?

The unit for distance in Physics 11 problem 10 is kilometers (km).

How do I solve Physics 11 problem 10?

To solve Physics 11 problem 10, you need to plug in the given values (speed = 60 km/h and time = 2 hours) into the formula for distance and solve for the unknown value. This will give you the total distance traveled by the car.

Why is Physics 11 problem 10 important to understand?

Physics 11 problem 10 is important to understand because it helps students practice using the formula for distance and reinforces the concept of constant speed. It also has real-life applications, as calculating distance is essential in many scenarios, such as planning a road trip or estimating travel time.