Physics has Something to do with IQ doesn't it

• Thread starter Stratosphere
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Iq Physics
In summary, this person feels that they have an IQ of 130 and that playing chess and learning more physics and math has helped them feel smarter. They were wondering if there are any other techniques that they could use to increase their IQ.
Stratosphere
Hi guys, I'm not sure this fits into this category but I think it "kinda" does (Physics has Something to do with IQ doesn't i?). I have taken the most accurate IQ test I can find online (I don't remember the name) and it said i have an IQ of 130. I've been trying to increase my IQ by doing a number of things. I've played chess a lot and I've been learning more physics and math and I also downloaded a brainwave generator program. So far i think it's helping me. I feel smarter. I was wondering if there are any other tecniques i could use to increase my IQ.

P.S I am going to get a real IQ test once I think I have raid my IQ sufficently.
P.P.S I am 14 and I am in classes that are way too easy. I have enough proof besides and IQ test that my IQ is higher than normal if you want to say that online tests are bull.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

You can find your actual IQ by doing as many different online IQ tests as possible over the course of several weeks, taking all the results, adding them up, writing them down, and throwing them away. It's well established that IQ can be improved massively by trying to join clubs for clever clogs and talking to clever clogs about how clever you really want to be. Also, you Brainwave generators have been scientifically proven to cause mental degeneration in young males, as have Nintendo's "Brain Training" games. Finally, physics, maths and chess are definitely good ways to exercise your mind, and other sciences, creative thinking, or philosophical debate can cause epilepsy.

So good thing I've only done the brain waves for 2 days now. I have also read abought a book that "claims" to be able to raise your IQ significantly. But i have read that the brain wave's increase IQ by 15-20 points.

I'm so smart that I can overlook the stupidity of IQ tests and this thread!

A real IQ test has hundreds of questions, takes hours to complete (usually over more than one day), and must be administered by a professional. And it's still crap (and I say that even though I got a very high score). The reason you're bored in school is because school sucks.

IQ tests are a bit old fashioned as well, these days they tend to test specifics of intelligence, at least if you want something scientific. A general test is way too blunt to have any real meaning; that said it is an excellent indicator of how well you might do in academia, but try not to take it too seriously, results are what counts not test results. And as long as you aren't dumb as a post, what's equally important is just how much effort you put into any course.

Reading will enhance your vocabulary, science will enhance your rationality, and philosophy will enhance your ability to fool others into believing you have a higher IQ.

ndnkyd said:
Reading will enhance your vocabulary, science will enhance your rationality, and philosophy will enhance your ability to fool others into believing you have a higher IQ.

That's very wise ndnkyd. :smile:

Philosophers and salesmen can, if they are any good talk, the hind legs off a donkey, readers can perform verbosely and loquaciously in any medium, and scientists, well 'nuff said.

Whether that makes them any smarter is a matter of some debate. :smile:

Success in physics doesn't get predicted in an IQ test. Richard Feynman scored a 127, which is only borderline genius. In reality, he was full-blown genius. Standard tests did not measure what he was really good at.

ANyway, PHysics and other sciences demand discipline and perseverance over outright intelligence. Even still, you will not get too far if you are not at least a bit ahead of the bell curve, but you won't need an IQ test to inform you of that.

Anything you do to increase your brain power is good, but do not do so in hopes of "raising your IQ." Do so with the intent of practicing the discipline of thinking well so to increase your chances of success in your studies, or whatever you choose to do.

An IQ score of 150, plus a dollar bill, gets you one lousy cup of coffee.

1. Does having a higher IQ mean you will be better at physics?

Not necessarily. While a higher IQ can indicate the potential for better problem-solving and critical thinking skills, success in physics also requires hard work, dedication, and a strong understanding of mathematical concepts.

2. Is it true that only people with high IQs can understand physics?

No, anyone can understand physics with the right approach and effort. While having a higher IQ may make it easier to grasp certain concepts, anyone can learn and understand the fundamental principles of physics with practice and determination.

3. Can you improve your IQ by studying physics?

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that studying physics can directly increase your IQ. However, studying physics can improve problem-solving skills and critical thinking, which may indirectly improve your overall cognitive abilities.

4. How does physics relate to intelligence?

Physics and intelligence are not directly related. While understanding and applying physics principles may require certain cognitive abilities, intelligence is a complex and multifaceted concept that cannot be solely determined by one's understanding of physics.

5. Is intelligence necessary to excel in physics?

Intelligence is not necessary to excel in physics. While intelligence may aid in the understanding and application of physics principles, hard work, dedication, and a strong foundation in mathematical concepts are also crucial for success in physics.