Physics lab formula question - help please

In summary: T...=-.000020 T2(p)...=6.28M...=1.43x10^-3 Am^2...=.001100 Am^2r...=20mm...=.020mfit parameter A...=0.7090
My professor said this as well..What you want to do is to compare your fit (Y = Ax^n, with n=-3) to the theoretical relation (B = (u0/2pi)(M/r^3) ) . Comparing the two formulae can tell you what the fitted parameter "A" represents.

Physics news on Phys.org
I calculated B* from the given formula - the 1/r3 one.

Yes, so the fitted A parameter should give you the experimental value for uoM/2pi.

Was the core of the solenoid "empty" (filled with air), or did it have some material in it?

It doesn't say if it was filled or empty...I'm so frustrated

Did you see something inside of the core (middle) of the solenoid?
Do not worry it will not influence the processing of your data.
I am just trying to make sense of the results.

No nothing?...

So there was "air" inside of the core?
That would mean that uo is applicable here.

I don't follow? I'm not understanding what my next step is...

See my #37 post.
That means you can calculate uo from the fitted A parameter's value.

Andre, I think I might have it now. But I need a little more help . This is what I am told. and here are my two new graphs.

You need two separate graphs...one for each side.
With your plot you want to determine u0. What you are doing is assuming u0 is unknown, and then using the data to determine u0. Of course, in reality, the value for u0 is known. Hence, by comparing "your" value for u0 to the known value gives an idea how well your experiment went.
To determine u0 you have B = (u0/2pi)(M/r^3), or rewritten: B = (u0 M/2pi)r^(-3). Another way of writing this would be Y = Ax^(-3), with Y and x being variables. If were to write B = (u0 M/2pi)r^(-3) as Y = Ax^(-3), what value would you ascribe to "A".

upload_2015-12-14_15-12-56.png

upload_2015-12-14_15-13-24.png

I think those look right. Now in your post 37# to find B, I get 12500 which seems off for the magnetic field. So how do I get B now to solve for the experimental Mu? And do I do that with both graphs to get two different experimental values for Mu?

<h2>1. What is the purpose of a physics lab formula question?</h2><p>The purpose of a physics lab formula question is to test a student's understanding and application of the formulas and concepts learned in the classroom. It also allows students to practice problem-solving and critical thinking skills.</p><h2>2. How do I approach a physics lab formula question?</h2><p>The first step in approaching a physics lab formula question is to carefully read and understand the question. Then, identify the relevant formulas and variables needed to solve the problem. Make sure to show all your work and use proper units in your calculations.</p><h2>3. Can I use a calculator for a physics lab formula question?</h2><p>Yes, you can use a calculator for a physics lab formula question. However, it is important to make sure that your calculator is in the correct mode and that you are using the correct mathematical operations to get an accurate answer.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I am stuck on a physics lab formula question?</h2><p>If you are stuck on a physics lab formula question, it is important to stay calm and try to break the problem down into smaller, more manageable parts. You can also ask your teacher or classmates for help, or refer to your textbook or notes for guidance.</p><h2>5. How can I improve my performance on physics lab formula questions?</h2><p>To improve your performance on physics lab formula questions, it is important to practice regularly and review the formulas and concepts frequently. You can also seek help from your teacher or a tutor if you are having trouble understanding a specific concept. Additionally, make sure to read and follow the instructions carefully and show all your work neatly and clearly.</p>

1. What is the purpose of a physics lab formula question?

The purpose of a physics lab formula question is to test a student's understanding and application of the formulas and concepts learned in the classroom. It also allows students to practice problem-solving and critical thinking skills.

2. How do I approach a physics lab formula question?

The first step in approaching a physics lab formula question is to carefully read and understand the question. Then, identify the relevant formulas and variables needed to solve the problem. Make sure to show all your work and use proper units in your calculations.

3. Can I use a calculator for a physics lab formula question?

Yes, you can use a calculator for a physics lab formula question. However, it is important to make sure that your calculator is in the correct mode and that you are using the correct mathematical operations to get an accurate answer.

4. What should I do if I am stuck on a physics lab formula question?

If you are stuck on a physics lab formula question, it is important to stay calm and try to break the problem down into smaller, more manageable parts. You can also ask your teacher or classmates for help, or refer to your textbook or notes for guidance.

5. How can I improve my performance on physics lab formula questions?

To improve your performance on physics lab formula questions, it is important to practice regularly and review the formulas and concepts frequently. You can also seek help from your teacher or a tutor if you are having trouble understanding a specific concept. Additionally, make sure to read and follow the instructions carefully and show all your work neatly and clearly.