1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics major advice

1. Feb 20, 2015 #1
    I am a first year physics major, and last semester I did poorly in calc and physics, due to a lack of studying and being new to college and all that. This semester I am destroying physics so far (not cocky, I have been studying and getting A's on most quizzes), but I am only doing average in calc 2 now, which I don't see as bad. So I was wondering if you guys have advice for me on if I should stay a Physics major and better hopes if I change it. I still love every aspect of physics.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 21, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Stay in physics but do better in calculus you have a lot to learn. Other science and engineering may also require calculus too.

4. Feb 21, 2015 #3

QuantumCurt

Education Advisor

Calculus becomes very important in physics. In the introductory physics a lot of the calculus is kind of glazed over at first because it's assumed that one is currently learning calculus alongside physics. After the introductory physics, a solid working knowledge of calculus becomes far more crucial.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook