Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics nonlinear ODE example for numerical methods project?

1. Jun 29, 2013 #1
    I am doing a little research project into numerical methods of solving ODEs where I do 1 half of learning about the basics of numerical methods and then look at a particular method (Linear multistep) and then the second half is looking at a particular example, applying what I've learnt and writing a report about it.
    I've just about completed the first part.

I was wondering if anyone could give an interesting non-linear example which I might be able to work on, or instruct me how I could find such an example and the required equation/s.
    I have done a semester course on ODEs and semester of physics, and I am interested in plasma physics in the future (but I have been advised that using a specific example from plasma physics might be too unwieldy with my limited experience).

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 30, 2013 #2

Filip Larsen

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook