1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Photograph

1. Oct 16, 2004 #1
    [SOLVED] Physics Photograph

I need to take a picture of something (anything) and explain the physics behind it. I really want to get something cool, but due to my limit capablities I don't have many good ideas. Does anyone have any really good ones? Maybe something that shows some theory in action (does that make sense? :)?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2004 #2
    How about doing a little bit about quantum mechanics and particle theory? You could take a picture of anything for that.

4. Oct 17, 2004 #3

Galileo

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

5. Oct 17, 2004 #4
    Why don't you do what your teacher probably wants you to do and take a picture of something simple...

a yo-yo
    wheel
    marble works
    etc

it really depends by explaining does he want you to be able to do the math for the toy

6. Oct 17, 2004 #5

tony873004

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You could take a picture of an object sitting on a table and explain that it is stationary because the table pushes up with the same force that gravity pushes down.

Or you could get a glow stick and drop it from a high place at night, while taking a time lapse picture of it. You should notice that it gets fainter the farther it falls because it is moving faster.

If your project isn't due for a few weeks, you could take a picture of the upcoming lunar eclipse (Oct 28th I believe, but check first).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?