Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Physics Photograph

1. Oct 16, 2004 #1
    [SOLVED] Physics Photograph

I need to take a picture of something (anything) and explain the physics behind it. I really want to get something cool, but due to my limit capablities I don't have many good ideas. Does anyone have any really good ones? Maybe something that shows some theory in action (does that make sense? :)?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2004 #2
    How about doing a little bit about quantum mechanics and particle theory? You could take a picture of anything for that.

4. Oct 17, 2004 #3

Galileo

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

What about superconductivity?
    http://www.fieldlines.com/other/images/super4.jpg [Broken]
    Floating rings and blocks are cool.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
  5. Oct 17, 2004 #4
    Why don't you do what your teacher probably wants you to do and take a picture of something simple...

a yo-yo
    wheel
    marble works
    etc

it really depends by explaining does he want you to be able to do the math for the toy

6. Oct 17, 2004 #5

tony873004

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You could take a picture of an object sitting on a table and explain that it is stationary because the table pushes up with the same force that gravity pushes down.

Or you could get a glow stick and drop it from a high place at night, while taking a time lapse picture of it. You should notice that it gets fainter the farther it falls because it is moving faster.

If your project isn't due for a few weeks, you could take a picture of the upcoming lunar eclipse (Oct 28th I believe, but check first).

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook